Editor's note: Police reports were gathered on Aug. 31 due to early deadlines for the Labor Day holiday.
1Eighty recycled batteries were stolen from a locked storage area outside Walmart, W190 N9855 Appleton Ave., between the late evening hours of Aug. 24 and early morning hours of Aug. 25. The gate on the unit was broken to gain access.
2Four metal chairs and a metal and glass table were stolen from outside a common area near a residence in the N111 W15600 block of Vienna Court before 7:40 p.m. Aug. 22.
3A woman's purse was stolen out of a locked vehicle parked at Sneakers, W175 N11162 Stonewood Drive, between 8 and 9 a.m. Aug. 23. A window was broken on the car to gain access.
4A resident reported two personal checks were stolen from her room at Virginia Highlands, W173 N10915 Bernies Way, at 9:15 a.m. Aug. 23.
5A 23-year-old man was arrested for shoplifting after he was seen concealing DVDs in his clothing at Walmart, W190 N9855 Appleton Ave., shortly after 2 a.m. Aug. 25.
6A 26-year-old man was arrested for drunken driving, second offense, after he was found slumped over inside his vehicle at Speedway, W178 N9653 Riversbend Lane, at 2:25 a.m. Aug. 22. His preliminary blood alcohol content was unavailable.
7A 26-year-old woman was arrested for drunken driving and cited for operating after revocation on Armada and Biscayne drives shortly before 2 a.m. Aug. 23. Her preliminary BAC was unavailable.
8A 48-year-old woman was cited for having open intoxicants in a vehicle after she was seen pouring liquor into a soda can in the N112 W16200 block of Mequon Road at 4:45 p.m. Aug. 22.
9Police and the canine unit searched a construction site in the W150 N11100 block of Fond du Lac Avenue for a 21-year-old man who allegedly threatened a woman on Facebook, then showed up at her residence at 11:30 p.m. Aug. 23. Police were searching the area because a resident reported hearing two gunshots shortly after seeing the man walking toward the construction site. Police were unable to locate him.
10Police and firefighters responded to a report of a car fire on the County Line Road off-ramp on southbound U.S. Highway 41 shortly before 5 p.m. on Aug. 20. The driver, an 18-year-old Oshkosh woman, stated she pulled over after her car lost power and was overheating. The car was fully engulfed in flames within 10 minutes and firefighters extinguished the fire. No one was injured.
Germantown police assisted with 18 rescue calls between Aug. 21 and Aug. 27.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Germantown Police Reports: Nov. 26, 2015
- Germantown Police Reports, Nov. 19, 2015
- Germantown Police Reports, Nov. 5, 2015
- Germantown Police Reports Oct. 29, 2015
- Germantown Police Reports: Oct. 22, 2015
- Germantown Police Reports, Oct. 15, 2015
- Germantown Police Reports: Oct. 1, 2015
- Germantown Police Reports: Sept. 24, 2015
- Germantown Police Reports: Sept. 17, 2015
- Germantown Police Reports: Sept. 10, 2015
- Germantown Police Reports: Sept. 3, 2015
- Germantown Police Reports: Aug. 20, 2015
- Germantown Police Reports: Aug. 13, 2015
- Germantown police report: July 30, 2015 issue
- Germantown Police Reports: July 23, 2015
- Germantown Police Reports: July 16, 2015
- Germantown Police Reports: July 9, 2015
- Germantown Police Reports: June 25, 2015
- Germantown Police Report: June 18, 2015
- Germantown Police Report: June 11, 2015