Menomonee Falls police officers investigating a report of a car in the ditch found a driver who was loaded in more ways than one.
According to police:
The driver of a 1996 Ford truck left the roadway on the north side of Lisbon Road and drove about 70 feet before entering a deep ditch about 1,500 feet east of Graysland Drive East at about 11:30 a.m. Dec. 20. The truck damaged a fence during the accident and the driver had minor injuries.
Officers noticed an odor of intoxicants coming from the driver, a 52-year-old Menomonee Falls man. When questioned, the driver readily admitted drinking rum and Cokes that morning at home before driving his vehicle. He failed field sobriety tests and was arrested for drunken driving. His blood alcohol content was 0.13.
During a vehicle search police also discovered the driver had a loaded .44 magnum revolver in his truck.
The revolver was taken as evidence and state charges are being referred to the Waukesha County District Attorney's office.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Germantown Police Report: July 24, 2014
- Menomonee Falls Police Report: July 24, 2014
- In Brief: July 24, 2014 issue
- Battle of the Bands to feature groups from Germantown, Menomonee Falls
- Germantown resident is the change she wants to see in the world
- TJ Hale announced as Germantown's new business park anchor tenant
- Menomonee Falls Police Report: July 17, 2014
- Germantown Police Report: July 17, 2014
- Germantown considers early childhood learning center on Mequon Road
- News & Notes: July 17, 2014 issue