Germantown — A man accused of peeping through a bathroom door vent at a Germantown bar is being held at the Washington County Jail after police caught him in the act.
Two undercover police officers, who were monitoring the situation after an initial report on Aug. 15, caught the 40-year-old Germantown man in the act at 12:22 a.m. on Thursday, Aug. 21, at Gamroth's Khurburg Junction, W140 N10385 Fond du Lac Ave.
When a woman went into the bathroom, the officers caught the man looking through the bathroom door vent for a second time, according to Germantown Police Chief Peter Hoell. The first incident occurred at about 1 a.m. on Aug. 14, when the man followed a woman using the bathroom and "knelt down near the bathroom door," according to the report, "attempting to look in the vent which is located near the bottom of the bathroom door" for about 20 seconds.
The woman could see the man through the vent, and said she believed he was watching her undo her pants and pull down her underwear, according to the report.
The incident prompted police to send two undercover officers to the establishment, resulting in the arrest. The man, who according to the report claimed to be "tying his shoe," was arrested on two counts of invasion of privacy and disorderly conduct, after police observed him attempt to peep on the same woman again.
The man's vehicle also contained a digital camera that had photos of several women wearing swim suit and bikinis "who appeared to be unaware their photos were being taken," according to the report.
He awaits charges by the Washington County District Attorney's Office.
- Germantown School Board hires Michael Nowak as new human resources director
- Germantown Police Reports: June 30, 2016
- Germantown ambulances to be overhauled to save money, extend use
- Buzdum's get deadline on old taxes
- Germantown Mud Splash raises funds for teachers
- Germantown School District could ask for up to $66.5 million in building updates (25)
- Germantown Police Reports, June 23, 2016
- Hubertus man killed in head-on car crash
- Germantown Police Reports: June 16, 2016
- Rockfield Destination Imagination team takes second in global competition