Germantown — Amy Belle, County Line, MacArthur and Rockfield elementary schools host after-school programs featuring Legos.
· Amy Belle Elementary, 3294 Willow Creek Road: Lego City Builders from 3:50 to 4:50 p.m. April 8 to May 6 (no class April 22) in the school library. Students design their own structures such as skyscrapers, fire stations, schools, bridges, houses and more.
· County Line Elementary, N9939 Butternut Road: Legos from 3:50 to 4:50 p.m. April 9 to May 7 (no class April 23) in the school library. Class focuses on the fundamentals of simple machines that includes levers, wheels, axles, gears and motorized systems. Participants construct simple machines, such as a drawbridge, catapults, a motorized car, an amusement park ride and more.
· MacArthur Elementary, N11492 Fond du Lac Ave.: Legos from 3:50 to 4:50 p.m. April 8 to May 6 (no class April 22) in the school library.
· Rockfield Elementary, W18473 Rockfield Road: Lego Crazy Action Contraptions from 3:50 to 4:50 p.m. April 7 to May 5 (no class April 21) in the school gym. Students work with partners to build exciting and crazy contraptions. Using Lego pieces and rubber bands students build a rubber band racer, automatic field goal kicker, candy machine, trapdoor car parachute machine, and Ping Pong popper. All contraptions spin, stretch, speed or spring. Session II participants build on concepts learned in Session I as well as constructing more advanced projects.
The fee for one session is $34. For those who participate in Kids Klub there is a reduced fee of $10 for the class.
Register at www.village.germantown.wi.us or at the Germantown Recreation Department. For information, call (262) 250-4710.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Germantown Police Report: July 24, 2014
- Menomonee Falls Police Report: July 24, 2014
- In Brief: July 24, 2014 issue
- Battle of the Bands to feature groups from Germantown, Menomonee Falls
- Germantown resident is the change she wants to see in the world
- TJ Hale announced as Germantown's new business park anchor tenant
- Menomonee Falls Police Report: July 17, 2014
- Germantown Police Report: July 17, 2014
- Germantown considers early childhood learning center on Mequon Road
- News & Notes: July 17, 2014 issue