Germantown — Amy Belle, County Line, MacArthur and Rockfield elementary schools host after-school programs featuring Legos.
· Amy Belle Elementary, 3294 Willow Creek Road: Lego City Builders from 3:50 to 4:50 p.m. April 8 to May 6 (no class April 22) in the school library. Students design their own structures such as skyscrapers, fire stations, schools, bridges, houses and more.
· County Line Elementary, N9939 Butternut Road: Legos from 3:50 to 4:50 p.m. April 9 to May 7 (no class April 23) in the school library. Class focuses on the fundamentals of simple machines that includes levers, wheels, axles, gears and motorized systems. Participants construct simple machines, such as a drawbridge, catapults, a motorized car, an amusement park ride and more.
· MacArthur Elementary, N11492 Fond du Lac Ave.: Legos from 3:50 to 4:50 p.m. April 8 to May 6 (no class April 22) in the school library.
· Rockfield Elementary, W18473 Rockfield Road: Lego Crazy Action Contraptions from 3:50 to 4:50 p.m. April 7 to May 5 (no class April 21) in the school gym. Students work with partners to build exciting and crazy contraptions. Using Lego pieces and rubber bands students build a rubber band racer, automatic field goal kicker, candy machine, trapdoor car parachute machine, and Ping Pong popper. All contraptions spin, stretch, speed or spring. Session II participants build on concepts learned in Session I as well as constructing more advanced projects.
The fee for one session is $34. For those who participate in Kids Klub there is a reduced fee of $10 for the class.
Register at www.village.germantown.wi.us or at the Germantown Recreation Department. For information, call (262) 250-4710.
- Germantown Police Reports: June 30, 2016
- Germantown ambulances to be overhauled to save money, extend use
- Buzdum's get deadline on old taxes
- Germantown Mud Splash raises funds for teachers
- Germantown School District could ask for up to $66.5 million in building updates (25)
- Germantown Police Reports, June 23, 2016
- Hubertus man killed in head-on car crash
- Germantown Police Reports: June 16, 2016
- Rockfield Destination Imagination team takes second in global competition
- Chemical spill at Gehl Foods plant leaves five with minor injuries