Germantown — Amy Belle, County Line, MacArthur and Rockfield elementary schools host after-school programs featuring Legos.
· Amy Belle Elementary, 3294 Willow Creek Road: Lego City Builders from 3:50 to 4:50 p.m. April 8 to May 6 (no class April 22) in the school library. Students design their own structures such as skyscrapers, fire stations, schools, bridges, houses and more.
· County Line Elementary, N9939 Butternut Road: Legos from 3:50 to 4:50 p.m. April 9 to May 7 (no class April 23) in the school library. Class focuses on the fundamentals of simple machines that includes levers, wheels, axles, gears and motorized systems. Participants construct simple machines, such as a drawbridge, catapults, a motorized car, an amusement park ride and more.
· MacArthur Elementary, N11492 Fond du Lac Ave.: Legos from 3:50 to 4:50 p.m. April 8 to May 6 (no class April 22) in the school library.
· Rockfield Elementary, W18473 Rockfield Road: Lego Crazy Action Contraptions from 3:50 to 4:50 p.m. April 7 to May 5 (no class April 21) in the school gym. Students work with partners to build exciting and crazy contraptions. Using Lego pieces and rubber bands students build a rubber band racer, automatic field goal kicker, candy machine, trapdoor car parachute machine, and Ping Pong popper. All contraptions spin, stretch, speed or spring. Session II participants build on concepts learned in Session I as well as constructing more advanced projects.
The fee for one session is $34. For those who participate in Kids Klub there is a reduced fee of $10 for the class.
Register at www.village.germantown.wi.us or at the Germantown Recreation Department. For information, call (262) 250-4710.
- Germantown High School students honored on scholarship night
- County Line Elementary evacuated due to bomb threat (1)
- Germantown School Board defers decision on human resources directors
- Germantown Police Reports: May 26, 2016
- Threat 'not credible'; Kennedy Middle School in Germantown is open today
- Video: Summer fun in suburban Milwaukee
- Germantown Police Reports: May 19, 2016
- Germantown Superintendent Jeff Holmes announces candidacy for Wisconsin State Superintendent (8)
- Leadership Germantown class looks to form police honor guard
- Mai Fest canceled for this year; Germantown group seeks new home for beloved celebration