I am writing to question the comment made by School Board member Bruce Warnimont with respect to purchasing Chromebooks for Germantown schools.
According to the article by Danielle Switalski, (NOW June 27), Warnimont was basing his decision, in part, on his political bias based on his assumption that Google has a history of supporting President Barack Obama. It is alarming to think that such provincial thinking is employed in making totally unrelated decisions that affect our students. Such comments are unbecoming a representative of our schools and a poor example to our young people.
I hope that Mr. Warnimont will think before he speaks in the future. Perhaps the residents of Germantown will consider the quality of decisions in the next election.
Joyce F. Guinn
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Germantown schools finalize balanced budget
- Germantown Police Report: October 30, 2014
- First Bank taking nominations for Holi-Days of Giving
- GFD is "delivering fire prevention" tonight
- Germantown Police Report: October 23, 2014
- Amy Belle Elementary School Receives Award
- Orphaned Griebel children adopted by aunt, uncle
- Germantown board requests more information on fire department referendum
- Germantown High School alumni wins gold at Warrior Games
- Two Germantown Police Officers injured after car chase