I am writing to question the comment made by School Board member Bruce Warnimont with respect to purchasing Chromebooks for Germantown schools.
According to the article by Danielle Switalski, (NOW June 27), Warnimont was basing his decision, in part, on his political bias based on his assumption that Google has a history of supporting President Barack Obama. It is alarming to think that such provincial thinking is employed in making totally unrelated decisions that affect our students. Such comments are unbecoming a representative of our schools and a poor example to our young people.
I hope that Mr. Warnimont will think before he speaks in the future. Perhaps the residents of Germantown will consider the quality of decisions in the next election.
Joyce F. Guinn
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Germantown panel OKs TIF funding
- Germantown teacher pay plan weeks away
- Germantown schools place safety above all else
- Germantown police warn man for brandishing switchblade at stop light
- Board takes a new route
- Police Report: April 15
- Longtime trustee resigns from his seat on Village Board
- Germantown School District delays Project Lead the Way contract again
- Germantown Village Board approves cellphone tower for northeast side of Wasaukee Road