I am writing to question the comment made by School Board member Bruce Warnimont with respect to purchasing Chromebooks for Germantown schools.
According to the article by Danielle Switalski, (NOW June 27), Warnimont was basing his decision, in part, on his political bias based on his assumption that Google has a history of supporting President Barack Obama. It is alarming to think that such provincial thinking is employed in making totally unrelated decisions that affect our students. Such comments are unbecoming a representative of our schools and a poor example to our young people.
I hope that Mr. Warnimont will think before he speaks in the future. Perhaps the residents of Germantown will consider the quality of decisions in the next election.
Joyce F. Guinn
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Germantown schools stay on enrollment track with changes
- Germantown School District gets some gas relief with new supplier (1)
- Germantown police report: July 30, 2015 issue
- Germantown requests extension of MMSD sanitary sewer
- Camp Invention coming to Kennedy Middle School
- District names new Rockfield Elementary principal
- Inaugural mud run raises $4K for Germantown teacher grants
- Germantown resident wins MS scholarship
- Familiar face to lead Germantown parks department
- Germantown Police Reports: July 23, 2015