I am writing to question the comment made by School Board member Bruce Warnimont with respect to purchasing Chromebooks for Germantown schools.
According to the article by Danielle Switalski, (NOW June 27), Warnimont was basing his decision, in part, on his political bias based on his assumption that Google has a history of supporting President Barack Obama. It is alarming to think that such provincial thinking is employed in making totally unrelated decisions that affect our students. Such comments are unbecoming a representative of our schools and a poor example to our young people.
I hope that Mr. Warnimont will think before he speaks in the future. Perhaps the residents of Germantown will consider the quality of decisions in the next election.
Joyce F. Guinn
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- South Shore Police report: Dec. 25, 2014 issue
- Germantown Village Board to go paperless
- Neuson proposal approved by Menomonee Falls Village Board
- Germantown Police Report: Dec. 18, 2014
- GHS Alumni founds prominent student organization at UW-Madison
- Woman drives drunk to pick up drunken driver from police station
- Germantown considers long-term plans for Main Street
- Momentum Early Learning seeks to open facility in Germantown
- Germantown Police Report: Dec. 11, 2014
- Germantown Police Report: Dec. 4, 2014