Menomonee Falls and Germantown residents will remember those who have given their lives for freedom with various events on Monday.
The annual Memorial Day parade in Menomonee Falls is slated to begin at 10 a.m. The parade starts at Main Street and Harrison Boulevard and travel the same route as last year - heading west on Main Street to Grand Avenue, then traveling north before ending in Neu's parking lot, W16915 Richfield Way.
Germantown's Memorial Day events also begin at 10 a.m. with a visitation to six area cemeteries. Those interested should meet at the American Legion, W15932 Freistadt Road.
After visiting cemeteries, the group will head to the Veterans Memorial located at the corner of Park Avenue and Freistadt Road. There will be a reading of the names of veterans who have been added to the memorial.
Following the reading, a flag disposal service is scheduled for noon at the American Legion. The events culminate with a pot luck lunch at the hall. Everyone is welcome.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Germantown police ask for help finding driver in fatal hit and run
- Germantown ACT scores second highest in 12 years (1)
- Germantown Police Reports: Sept. 3, 2015
- Germantown native works hard, gains experience at Arlington research station
- Germantown Police Reports: Aug. 27, 2015
- Germantown Police Department bids farewell to Lt. Brian Henning
- Germantown school district approves preliminary 2015-16 budget
- Germantown Police Reports: Aug. 20, 2015
- Village board to consider rezoning, conditional-use permit in September
- Video: Germantown tornado reported, no known damage