The Village of Germantown is seeking a new Park and Recreation Department Director after the Village Board on Monday announced the resignation of Director Brett Altergott.
Altergott has accepted new employment in Minnesota.
"It's really sad to see Brett go," said Village Manager David Schornack. "He's done an outstanding job here and we really wish him and his family the very best."
The Board approved advertising for the position on Monday; however, after a brief debate voted not to advertise the job with a salary range.
Trustees Terri Kaminski and Shane Daniels opposed the decision to not include salary in the advertisement. Kaminski said though it is common for private sector jobs to not include salary ranges, every public sector job advertisement does. The starting salary would have been advertised at $59,000 for someone with a bachelor's degree.
Trustee Al Vanderheiden opened the discussion of whether a salary range should be included, asking if someone without a bachelor's degree, who is right for the job, would be paid less than $59,000.
"If we get somebody that is interested and does not have a bachelor's degree, there is nothing that would preclude us at starting that person at a lower salary," Schornack said.
He said the position should be filled by May if not earlier and administration will begin discussions of implementing an interim director until someone is hired.
- Germantown Community Scholarship Fund provides unique experience for students, to host Mud Splash
- Germantown Police Reports, April 28, 2016
- Germantown Police Reports, April 21, 2016
- Sendik's celebrates 90th anniversary with special two-week event at its stores, including Germantown
- Washington County artists encouraged to participate in annual Art Purchase Award Contest
- Chaz Hastings proposes temporary parking lot to help with parking along Main Street in Germantown
- St. Boniface students donate hundreds of bears to Germantown Fire Department
- Germantown Police Reports, April 14, 2016
- Germantown High School presents Tony Award winning Gershwin production April 15 — 17
- H.I.S. Players to present "Heart of the Mesa" starting April 20