Germantown - The Germantown School Board on Monday approved four main goals the district is setting out to accomplish for the 2012-13 and 2013-14 school years.
The goals are broad; however the projects and initiatives focus on a detailed work plan for both administrative staff, teachers and the board.
Among the projects is a consultation of all seven district buildings and its two properties to establish a long-range facilities plan. The consultation will be reviewed by the Building Committee. Having not yet gone to a consulting firm, Superintendent Susan Borden said she put the completion date for any building projects further into the future.
"We have no idea how long that process would take so I gave it an out-date pretty far out," she said.
The main change to the goals Monday was suggested by School Board member Sarah Larson who asked that the technology plan be reviewed earlier in the year before the budget process for the 2013-14 school year is too far along. Any information technology work will be discussed in May.
A three-year technology plan is scheduled to be presented to the board in June of 2013.
"This is a great document," School Board President Bob Soderberg said. "We have a full plate in the next two years."
Also among the goals are expanding the use of walk-through tools by completing walk-throughs of classrooms on a weekly basis throughout the school year at all levels.
These walk-throughs are part of the new teacher evaluation process, Teachscape, mandated by the state. All teacher evaluations are to be completed by June 2013 for the 2012-13 school year.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- South Shore Police report: Dec. 25, 2014 issue
- Germantown Village Board to go paperless
- Neuson proposal approved by Menomonee Falls Village Board
- Germantown Police Report: Dec. 18, 2014
- GHS Alumni founds prominent student organization at UW-Madison
- Woman drives drunk to pick up drunken driver from police station
- Germantown considers long-term plans for Main Street
- Momentum Early Learning seeks to open facility in Germantown
- Germantown Police Report: Dec. 11, 2014
- Germantown Police Report: Dec. 4, 2014