Germantown - The redevelopment of the 40-acre Riversbend Country Club property on County Line Road in Germantown that includes two franchise restaurants moved forward on Monday after the Planning Commission approved permit applications and a zone change.
Olive Garden and Buffalo Wild Wings are set to go up on 3.5 acres in the parking lot of the current Riversbend Golf Club, W18034 County Line Road, as well as a new golf club house that will be built on the north end of the remaining 37.5 acres. The site development and architecture plans, as well as signage were also approved at the Planning Commission meeting.
Menomonee Falls-based Continental 246 Fund also applied for an amendment to the village's land use plan, as well as a zone change for the property from institutional to neighborhood business, both of which were approved. The development also required a conditional use permit for encroachment of a 25-foot setback on wetlands, which the commission approved.
A special Germantown Village Board meeting is scheduled for 7 p.m. Jan. 28 at Village Hall to keep the development moving forward, said Village President Dean Wolter. There will be a public hearing for the zone change and conditional use permit.
The board will also vote on the restaurant plans. Residents, mostly of the Rivercrest subdivision that sits adjacent to the proposed development, did voice concerns at the Planning Commission meeting. Wolter said most concerns were because of increased traffic in the area. A traffic plan and study were completed as part of the application process and a new traffic light will be put on County Line Road alongside the development.
"Overall I think it will be a good plan and the way they have it mapped out will help alleviate it but it would add a traffic light on County Line Road," Wolter said. "It's a good development."
Construction could begin as early as fall should the Village Board approve these aspects of the development.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Driver survives hourlong extraction from vehicle near Highway 41 and Friestadt Road (1)
- Germantown board sides with residents, does not allow plans for large apartment complex
- Saxony Village proposal discussion to resume in Germantown (1)
- Germantown School District to see small increase in taxes
- Milwaukee suburbs trick-or-treat times 2015
- Germantown Police Reports: Oct. 1, 2015
- Trash changes in Germantown delayed a month
- Germantown mansion destroyed in fire
- Germantown board hits pause button on Saxony Village proposal
- Germantown Police Reports: Sept. 24, 2015