Germantown — A 38-year-old Oconomowoc woman will appear in court Aug. 19 after allegedly causing damage to Scott Walker signs at the Republican party tent at the Jefferson County Fair on July 9.
April Smith, who is a kindergarten teacher at Amy Belle Elementary School in Germantown, is charged with disorderly conduct for causing an estimated $40 of damage to an unknown number of Scott Walker signs on the evening of July 9, according to the police report. A call requesting a comment from Germantown Superintendent Jeff Holmes was not returned before press deadline.
Smith, who had a blood alcohol content of 0.06, initially denied having any knowledge of the incident before she ultimately confessed she did damage the signs, which were bent and pulled off their metal frames, according to the report.
- Germantown School Board hires Michael Nowak as new human resources director
- Germantown Police Reports: June 30, 2016
- Germantown ambulances to be overhauled to save money, extend use
- Buzdum's get deadline on old taxes
- Germantown Mud Splash raises funds for teachers
- Germantown School District could ask for up to $66.5 million in building updates (25)
- Germantown Police Reports, June 23, 2016
- Hubertus man killed in head-on car crash
- Germantown Police Reports: June 16, 2016
- Rockfield Destination Imagination team takes second in global competition