Germantown — A 38-year-old Oconomowoc woman will appear in court Aug. 19 after allegedly causing damage to Scott Walker signs at the Republican party tent at the Jefferson County Fair on July 9.
April Smith, who is a kindergarten teacher at Amy Belle Elementary School in Germantown, is charged with disorderly conduct for causing an estimated $40 of damage to an unknown number of Scott Walker signs on the evening of July 9, according to the police report. A call requesting a comment from Germantown Superintendent Jeff Holmes was not returned before press deadline.
Smith, who had a blood alcohol content of 0.06, initially denied having any knowledge of the incident before she ultimately confessed she did damage the signs, which were bent and pulled off their metal frames, according to the report.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Germantown Police Reports: Oct. 1, 2015
- Trash changes in Germantown delayed a month
- Germantown mansion destroyed in fire
- Germantown board hits pause button on Saxony Village proposal
- Germantown Police Reports: Sept. 24, 2015
- Germantown School District seeks input on facilities
- Sendik's to introduce food recycling at area stores
- Germantown Police Reports: Sept. 17, 2015
- Germantown police still on the hunt for suspect in fatal August hit and run
- Germantown Fire Department holds remembrance ceremony in honor of 9/11