Germantown — The Germantown High School band could be sporting a new look as soon as this football season.
After 16 years wearing and maintaining the same uniforms, the Germantown High School band is getting a makeover.
At an estimated cost of $100,000, GHS Wall of Sound marching band facilitator Jon Bell said the process of going through and selecting new uniforms will not be a quick one, but it will certainly be worthwhile.
"It is a huge undertaking involving student design," said Bell, "but we want to make sure we have the financial part lined up before we involve students and parents in the process."
That is why they requested assistance from the school board at their Monday, June 23, meeting, where they received affirmation from the board that they would fund up to $70,000 of the anticipated cost for the replacements. The band will raise the remainder of the money.
"Obviously the new uniforms are needed," said Sarah Larson, who sits on the board's finance committee. The board unanimously approved the request.
"Our current uniforms are expertly made and taken care of, which is how they've lasted this long," said Bell. "That uniform identifies us as a school district, and I think it's time we upgrade."
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Fox Head Residences apartment plan in Waukesha finished after rezoning vote again denied
- Myers, McManus to face off for Germantown Village Board seat
- Drivers react to the serious crashes in Germantown on Highway 41/45 March 4
- Case involving former Germantown kindergarten teacher sparks lawsuit against Jefferson County Sherif
- UPDATE: Northbound Highway 41 in Germantown remains closed following crashes, drivers stalled
- UPDATE: Three seriously injured in Germantown crash that has Highway 41/45 closed in both directions
- Germantown approves raises for village staff
- Germantown Village Board to consider compensation changes
- Germantown resident says friends feel like family at the Just Betweeen Friends sale
- Germantown School District discusses issues with student food waste