Germantown — The Germantown High School band could be sporting a new look as soon as this football season.
After 16 years wearing and maintaining the same uniforms, the Germantown High School band is getting a makeover.
At an estimated cost of $100,000, GHS Wall of Sound marching band facilitator Jon Bell said the process of going through and selecting new uniforms will not be a quick one, but it will certainly be worthwhile.
"It is a huge undertaking involving student design," said Bell, "but we want to make sure we have the financial part lined up before we involve students and parents in the process."
That is why they requested assistance from the school board at their Monday, June 23, meeting, where they received affirmation from the board that they would fund up to $70,000 of the anticipated cost for the replacements. The band will raise the remainder of the money.
"Obviously the new uniforms are needed," said Sarah Larson, who sits on the board's finance committee. The board unanimously approved the request.
"Our current uniforms are expertly made and taken care of, which is how they've lasted this long," said Bell. "That uniform identifies us as a school district, and I think it's time we upgrade."
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Germantown School Board reviewing options to address space issues
- Germantown, Washington County lifts burn ban
- Germantown Police Report: March 26, 2015
- Germantown school officials discuss options to alleviate overcrowding at Rockfield
- Germantown manufacturer recognized among best in country
- Germantown school board to get update on facilities plans
- Germantown Police Report: March 19, 2015
- Falls Village Board President candidates say they each would bring different experience to the role
- Germantown brings in third party to look at road improvements within TIF No. 6
- Open meeting to be held at Cabela's to discuss improvements to Appleton Avenue in Washington County