The Germantown School Board on Monday appointed Amy Belle Elementary School Principal Mary Kucharski as the director of teaching and learning.
It was a difficult search to replace Jennifer Ganske, who resigned in August, said Superintendent Susan Borden. The right candidate needed to have expert knowledge in K5 literacy, which is an area that Kucharski has experience in, Borden said.
The Germantown School District is adopting a new K5 reading and writing program. The reading and writing adoption is at the forefront for the 2012-13 school year as the district works to align curriculum with state standards.
"We didn't find that in the candidate pool," Borden said. "Maria is giving us the gift of time with her services as director."
Kucharski will serve as director for the next year before returning to her position as principal at Amy Belle. By then, Borden said they are anticipating a more diverse candidate pool to select from in order to fill the position.
To help fill the shoes of Kucharski at the elementary school while she transitions into the position, the district is looking through applications for a temporary assistant principal.
"We have a very nice applicant pool," Borden said. "I see a lot of talent in it already."
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Plans for Germantown performing arts pavilion take shape, include park upgrades (1)
- Germantown cross country teams ready for North Shore Conference with strong finishes
- Driver survives hourlong extraction from vehicle near Highway 41 and Friestadt Road (1)
- Germantown board sides with residents, does not allow plans for large apartment complex
- Saxony Village proposal discussion to resume in Germantown (1)
- Germantown School District to see small increase in taxes
- Milwaukee suburbs trick-or-treat times 2015
- Germantown Police Reports: Oct. 1, 2015
- Trash changes in Germantown delayed a month
- Germantown mansion destroyed in fire