The Germantown School Board on Monday appointed Amy Belle Elementary School Principal Mary Kucharski as the director of teaching and learning.
It was a difficult search to replace Jennifer Ganske, who resigned in August, said Superintendent Susan Borden. The right candidate needed to have expert knowledge in K5 literacy, which is an area that Kucharski has experience in, Borden said.
The Germantown School District is adopting a new K5 reading and writing program. The reading and writing adoption is at the forefront for the 2012-13 school year as the district works to align curriculum with state standards.
"We didn't find that in the candidate pool," Borden said. "Maria is giving us the gift of time with her services as director."
Kucharski will serve as director for the next year before returning to her position as principal at Amy Belle. By then, Borden said they are anticipating a more diverse candidate pool to select from in order to fill the position.
To help fill the shoes of Kucharski at the elementary school while she transitions into the position, the district is looking through applications for a temporary assistant principal.
"We have a very nice applicant pool," Borden said. "I see a lot of talent in it already."
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Germantown hits pause in review of Wisconsin DOT's plans for Appleton Avenue and Lannon Road (1)
- Germantown Police Reports, Feb. 11, 2016
- Sold out crowd of more than 350 people gather for Germantown Community Scholarship Fund event (1)
- Construction to start on Highway 175 in Washington County
- Faustel in Germantown welcomes John Pokrandt to controls engineering team
- Germantown Police Reports, Feb. 4, 2016 (1)
- Germantown School District reacts to scores on first, and last, Badger exam
- Germantown's Kennedy Middle School students make a difference on MLK day
- Germantown Police Reports, Jan. 28, 2016
- Firehouse Subs lends helping hand to Germantown Fire Department