The Germantown School District has to fill another administrative position after Director of Teaching and Learning Maria Kucharski resigned from her position.
The Germantown School Board on June 24 accepted the resignation of Kucharski, who will take the role of director of teaching and learning services at the Whitefish Bay School District. She is expected to start June 15.
Kucharski is replacing Laura Myrah, who is serving as the interim superintendent at Whitefish Bay for the next year. Myrah replaced Mary Gavigan. Gavigan is now serving as the executive director at the southeastern Wisconsin branch of the Cooperative Educational Service Agency.
"We are sorry to see her go," said Germantown School Board President Bob Soderberg. "But, it's like any other position, we want to get the best and brightest for that role and we will be very aggressive in the recruiting selection of that person."
Soderberg said he will meet with Assistant Superintendent Cynthia Coley and new Superintendent Jeff Holmes to discuss a hiring plan for this position. Holmes officially started with the Germantown School District July 1. He replaced Susan Borden, who left for a position with the DeForest Area School District.
Kucharski has served as the director of teaching and learning in Germantown for the 2012-13 school year. Prior to that, she served as principal of Amy Belle Elementary.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Washington County votes to implement priority based budgeting process
- Brookfield and Elm Grove meetings: April 2
- High-end men's salon coming to Elm Grove
- Wauwatosa Police Report: March 22-28
- What to expect on a Germantown ballot
- Germantown Police Report: April 2, 2015
- Action on Greenfield request to take over Kulwicki Park's care delayed
- Germantown resumes plans for 2015 referendum for full-time fire department
- Family-owned Gehl Foods sold to Chicago-based firm, promising growth
- Menomonee Falls parents charged with child neglect after son reports sharing food with dogs