Germantown High School students made history during the 2012-13 school year.
The average composite ACT score was 24 out of 36 possible points for the 2012-13 school year, according to scores released through an ACT publication Wednesday. The ACT is a college readiness assessment that tests students in English, math, reading and science.
The composite score is the highest in school history, said High School Principal Joel Farren. Germantown also had a record number of seniors take the test during the 2012-13 school year at 85 percent, or 324 students.
The average composite scores between 2009 and 2012 ranged from 23.3 to 23.7.
Having better test scores did not happen by accident, Farren said. Rather it is a concerted, district-wide effort as Germantown has implemented more rigorous curriculum. For example, a few years ago the School District upped the requirement for math and science, making it mandatory to take three years of each subject instead of two years. Higher test scores are directly related to changes like this, Farren said.
"It's not a fluke, I think it's an effort of a lot of people to make that happen," he said. "I think what we've done with revamping our curriculum and remapping our curriculum has helped lead to success."
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Germantown hits pause in review of Wisconsin DOT's plans for Appleton Avenue and Lannon Road (1)
- Germantown Police Reports, Feb. 11, 2016
- Sold out crowd of more than 350 people gather for Germantown Community Scholarship Fund event (1)
- Construction to start on Highway 175 in Washington County
- Faustel in Germantown welcomes John Pokrandt to controls engineering team
- Germantown Police Reports, Feb. 4, 2016 (1)
- Germantown School District reacts to scores on first, and last, Badger exam
- Germantown's Kennedy Middle School students make a difference on MLK day
- Germantown Police Reports, Jan. 28, 2016
- Firehouse Subs lends helping hand to Germantown Fire Department