In an effort to promote the Germantown Fire Department that is in need of volunteers, a "wet zone" was created along the Fourth of July parade route to promote the department.
The wet zone on Main Street and Park Avenue will help cool off parade-goers as the fire trucks pass by and spray them with water, said Village President Dean Wolter.
Squirt guns are allowed in the wet zone, said Germantown Fire Department Chief Gary Pollpeter.
"If they wish to squirt our members in the vehicle, they will get the same treatment," he joked.
The Fire Department is in need of volunteer fire fighters. Being more actively involved in the parade is a way to promote the department. Those interested in volunteering can call (262) 253-7795.
Fourth of July events begin at 11 a.m. at Fireman's Park, N11862 Park Ave., with games, a dunk tank, music, food and beverages.
The parade begins at noon at Pilgrim Road and Francese Drive and travels north on Pilgrim Road to Fond du Lac Avenue, northwest on Fond du Lac Avenue to Main Street and then to Park Avenue and from Park Avenue to Freistadt Road.
- Buzdum's get deadline on old taxes
- Germantown Mud Splash raises funds for teachers
- Germantown School District could ask for up to $66.5 million in building updates (22)
- Germantown Police Reports, June 23, 2016
- Hubertus man killed in head-on car crash
- Germantown Police Reports: June 16, 2016
- Rockfield Destination Imagination team takes second in global competition
- Chemical spill at Gehl Foods plant leaves five with minor injuries
- Germantown veteran surprised by Honor Flight
- Germantown entrepreneur Laura Maly finds her own niche