In an effort to promote the Germantown Fire Department that is in need of volunteers, a "wet zone" was created along the Fourth of July parade route to promote the department.
The wet zone on Main Street and Park Avenue will help cool off parade-goers as the fire trucks pass by and spray them with water, said Village President Dean Wolter.
Squirt guns are allowed in the wet zone, said Germantown Fire Department Chief Gary Pollpeter.
"If they wish to squirt our members in the vehicle, they will get the same treatment," he joked.
The Fire Department is in need of volunteer fire fighters. Being more actively involved in the parade is a way to promote the department. Those interested in volunteering can call (262) 253-7795.
Fourth of July events begin at 11 a.m. at Fireman's Park, N11862 Park Ave., with games, a dunk tank, music, food and beverages.
The parade begins at noon at Pilgrim Road and Francese Drive and travels north on Pilgrim Road to Fond du Lac Avenue, northwest on Fond du Lac Avenue to Main Street and then to Park Avenue and from Park Avenue to Freistadt Road.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Germantown schools finalize balanced budget
- Germantown Police Report: October 30, 2014
- First Bank taking nominations for Holi-Days of Giving
- GFD is "delivering fire prevention" tonight
- Germantown Police Report: October 23, 2014
- Amy Belle Elementary School Receives Award
- Orphaned Griebel children adopted by aunt, uncle
- Germantown board requests more information on fire department referendum
- Germantown High School alumni wins gold at Warrior Games
- Two Germantown Police Officers injured after car chase