A fire that broke out Wednesday afternoon in Menomonee Falls caused $150,000 in damages to a single-story, family residence.
Five people were inside the home at W1355 Mary Dale Drive when it caught fire. All made it out safely. A bystander was able to take the family into the car after they left the home.
The fire was started by a cooking appliance outside, which caught the outside of the house on fire before it quickly spread inside the house and up into the attic, said Menomonee Falls Fire Chief Jeff Hevey.
The Menomonee Falls Fire Department received the first call at 1:38 p.m. Multiple 911 calls came from an office building next door to the home, Hevey said.
The Fire Department was on scene at 1:41 p.m. and had the fire extinguished about an hour later.
The family is being cared for by the American Red Cross.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Fox Head Residences apartment plan in Waukesha finished after rezoning vote again denied
- Myers, McManus to face off for Germantown Village Board seat
- Drivers react to the serious crashes in Germantown on Highway 41/45 March 4
- Case involving former Germantown kindergarten teacher sparks lawsuit against Jefferson County Sherif
- UPDATE: Northbound Highway 41 in Germantown remains closed following crashes, drivers stalled
- UPDATE: Three seriously injured in Germantown crash that has Highway 41/45 closed in both directions
- Germantown approves raises for village staff
- Germantown Village Board to consider compensation changes
- Germantown resident says friends feel like family at the Just Betweeen Friends sale
- Germantown School District discusses issues with student food waste