Three seats are open in spring on the Germantown School Board and filing has been extended to Monday for one of those positions.
Germantown School Board member Diana Kline did not file the correct paperwork declaring a re-election run or noncandidacy for seat four by the 5 p.m. deadline Wednesday, which means filing for that seat has to be extended until 5 p.m. Monday.
Kline can no longer run, according to the Germantown School District; however, since the incumbent did not file the necessary paperwork, the deadline is extended.
Germantown residents Jill North and Brian Medved have filed for her seat on the School Board. They will run against each other in the April 2 election provided no one else files for seat four. If a third candidate files, there will be a primary election in February.
Incumbents Bruce Warnimont and Michael Loth, whose terms expire in April, will run unopposed in spring. Warnimont holds seat two and Loth holds seat six.
Board members serve three-year terms and receive $4,000 annually.
Filing for local government did close Wednesday. Germantown Village Board President Dean Wolter has decided to run for re-election as did District 2 Trustee Shane Daniels. They will both run unopposed.
Trustees and the president serve three-year terms. Trustees receive $5,500 a year and the president receives $8,000 annually.
- Germantown Community Scholarship Fund provides unique experience for students, to host Mud Splash
- Germantown Police Reports, April 28, 2016
- Germantown Police Reports, April 21, 2016
- Sendik's celebrates 90th anniversary with special two-week event at its stores, including Germantown
- Washington County artists encouraged to participate in annual Art Purchase Award Contest
- Chaz Hastings proposes temporary parking lot to help with parking along Main Street in Germantown
- St. Boniface students donate hundreds of bears to Germantown Fire Department
- Germantown Police Reports, April 14, 2016
- Germantown High School presents Tony Award winning Gershwin production April 15 — 17
- H.I.S. Players to present "Heart of the Mesa" starting April 20