Menomonee Falls — A 49-year-old Menomonee Falls man is facing his fifth charge of drunken driving after he rear-ended another vehicle, causing injury to one or more occupants inside the vehicle on Jan. 28.
According to the Menomonee Falls police:
The suspect was driving a pickup truck westbound in the W13900 block of Silver Spring Road when he rear-ended another vehicle at about 12:40 p.m.
The suspect told police he was texting on his cellphone when the accident occurred and denied being intoxicated, even though he had slurred speech and officers detected a strong odor of alcohol.
The suspect was transported to the Menomonee Falls Police Department for field sobriety testing, which he failed, and registered a 0.25 on a preliminary breath test. He was then transported to Community Memorial Hospital for a legal blood draw, the results of which were unavailable.
He was arrested and booked for fifth offense drunken driving and for causing injury while driving drunk, both felony charges, and was transported to the Waukesha County Jail.
- Germantown High School students honored on scholarship night
- County Line Elementary evacuated due to bomb threat (1)
- Germantown School Board defers decision on human resources directors
- Germantown Police Reports: May 26, 2016
- Threat 'not credible'; Kennedy Middle School in Germantown is open today
- Video: Summer fun in suburban Milwaukee
- Germantown Police Reports: May 19, 2016
- Germantown Superintendent Jeff Holmes announces candidacy for Wisconsin State Superintendent (8)
- Leadership Germantown class looks to form police honor guard
- Mai Fest canceled for this year; Germantown group seeks new home for beloved celebration