Menomonee Falls — A 49-year-old Menomonee Falls man is facing his fifth charge of drunken driving after he rear-ended another vehicle, causing injury to one or more occupants inside the vehicle on Jan. 28.
According to the Menomonee Falls police:
The suspect was driving a pickup truck westbound in the W13900 block of Silver Spring Road when he rear-ended another vehicle at about 12:40 p.m.
The suspect told police he was texting on his cellphone when the accident occurred and denied being intoxicated, even though he had slurred speech and officers detected a strong odor of alcohol.
The suspect was transported to the Menomonee Falls Police Department for field sobriety testing, which he failed, and registered a 0.25 on a preliminary breath test. He was then transported to Community Memorial Hospital for a legal blood draw, the results of which were unavailable.
He was arrested and booked for fifth offense drunken driving and for causing injury while driving drunk, both felony charges, and was transported to the Waukesha County Jail.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Faustel in Germantown welcomes John Pokrandt to controls engineering team
- Germantown Police Reports, Feb. 4, 2016 (1)
- Germantown School District reacts to scores on first, and last, Badger exam
- Germantown's Kennedy Middle School students make a difference on MLK day
- Germantown Police Reports, Jan. 28, 2016
- Firehouse Subs lends helping hand to Germantown Fire Department
- Germantown police seek shreds of evidence in cheese truck theft (3)
- Graphics Systems Corp. to move from Menomonee Falls into former Family Fun Land in Germantown
- Washington County debt reaches 25-year low
- Germantown's new business park remains unclaimed 18 months later