Menomonee Falls — A 49-year-old Menomonee Falls man is facing his fifth charge of drunken driving after he rear-ended another vehicle, causing injury to one or more occupants inside the vehicle on Jan. 28.
According to the Menomonee Falls police:
The suspect was driving a pickup truck westbound in the W13900 block of Silver Spring Road when he rear-ended another vehicle at about 12:40 p.m.
The suspect told police he was texting on his cellphone when the accident occurred and denied being intoxicated, even though he had slurred speech and officers detected a strong odor of alcohol.
The suspect was transported to the Menomonee Falls Police Department for field sobriety testing, which he failed, and registered a 0.25 on a preliminary breath test. He was then transported to Community Memorial Hospital for a legal blood draw, the results of which were unavailable.
He was arrested and booked for fifth offense drunken driving and for causing injury while driving drunk, both felony charges, and was transported to the Waukesha County Jail.
- Germantown 'craft winery' owner crafts 9,000 bottles by hand
- Germantown Police Reports, July 28, 2016
- Donges Bay Road reconstruction enters final phase
- Germantown Police Reports, July 21, 2016
- Germantown, Menomonee Falls Police Chiefs react to police brutality, community support
- Germantown Police Reports, July 14, 2016
- Imagination Theatre of Germantown presents musical 'Bye Bye Birdie'
- Now intern surveys Gemantown's historic places
- Germantown Police Reports, July 7, 2016
- Germantown School Board hires Michael Nowak as new human resources director