Menomonee Falls — A 49-year-old Menomonee Falls man is facing his fifth charge of drunken driving after he rear-ended another vehicle, causing injury to one or more occupants inside the vehicle on Jan. 28.
According to the Menomonee Falls police:
The suspect was driving a pickup truck westbound in the W13900 block of Silver Spring Road when he rear-ended another vehicle at about 12:40 p.m.
The suspect told police he was texting on his cellphone when the accident occurred and denied being intoxicated, even though he had slurred speech and officers detected a strong odor of alcohol.
The suspect was transported to the Menomonee Falls Police Department for field sobriety testing, which he failed, and registered a 0.25 on a preliminary breath test. He was then transported to Community Memorial Hospital for a legal blood draw, the results of which were unavailable.
He was arrested and booked for fifth offense drunken driving and for causing injury while driving drunk, both felony charges, and was transported to the Waukesha County Jail.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Washington County votes to implement priority based budgeting process
- Brookfield and Elm Grove meetings: April 2
- High-end men's salon coming to Elm Grove
- Wauwatosa Police Report: March 22-28
- What to expect on a Germantown ballot
- Germantown Police Report: April 2, 2015
- Action on Greenfield request to take over Kulwicki Park's care delayed
- Germantown resumes plans for 2015 referendum for full-time fire department
- Family-owned Gehl Foods sold to Chicago-based firm, promising growth
- Menomonee Falls parents charged with child neglect after son reports sharing food with dogs