Germantown - District 2 Trustee Shane Daniels is looking to keep his seat after the April election. The Village Board selected him in August to fill the seat vacated by Daniel Wing's resignation.
Daniels said "community service is in his blood." Before joining the Village Board, he spent three years serving Germantown as a volunteer firefighter.
"While I believe I have added value to the Village Board since my appointment in August, I know I have just gotten started and look forward to continuing to serving the great village of Germantown in my new capacity," Daniels said.
As a person raising a young family in the village, Daniels said, he wants to "continue the tradition of excellence past and present leadership has set, and continue to keep Germantown as one of the top places to live and raise a family nationally."
He believes this can be accomplished through keeping taxes at a reasonable level, attracting high-caliber businesses, keeping amenities such as parks and the Germantown Library, as well as maintaining a highly ranked school district. He also said he believes in supporting the protective services and making improvements as necessary.
Board members serve three-year terms and are paid $5,500 annually.
- Danielle Switalski
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Clarifies assessor troubles in Germantown
- 11 things to do this holiday season in Menomonee Falls and Germantown
- Germantown Police Report: Nov. 20, 2014
- Taxpayers could see small increase to village taxes
- Germantown moves forward with fire department referendum for 2015
- News & Notes: Nov. 20, 2014
- Fundraising party for childhood cancer honors Graham's memory
- Graham's memory honored with fundraising party for childhood cancer
- Germantown Police Report: Nov. 13, 2014
- Brandtjen opts to retain seat on Waukesha County Board