A house fire that erupted early this morning extensively damaged a two story, single family residence on Claas Road, causing about $90,000 in damage.
No one is currently living in the vacant home. The cause of the fire that was reported at 12:48 a.m. at W136 N6870 Claas Road is considered "suspicious," said Menomonee Falls Fire Chief Jeffrey Hevey.
Crews from the Menomonee Falls Fire Department and Police Department were still on scene as of noon today investigating the fire.
Fire crews from Germantown, Butler, Lannon and Elm Grove responded to assist Menomonee Falls firefighters with putting out the blaze.
An update on the cause of the fire will be available later in the week.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Germantown Police Reports: Aug. 27, 2015
- Germantown Police Department bids farewell to Lt. Brian Henning
- Germantown school district approves preliminary 2015-16 budget
- Germantown Police Reports: Aug. 20, 2015
- Village board to consider rezoning, conditional-use permit in September
- Video: Germantown tornado reported, no known damage
- Germantown Police Reports: Aug. 13, 2015
- Camp Invention returns to Germantown
- Missing, injured dog, Kiwi, still missing in Germantown
- Germantown close to naming public works director