A house fire that erupted early this morning extensively damaged a two story, single family residence on Claas Road, causing about $90,000 in damage.
No one is currently living in the vacant home. The cause of the fire that was reported at 12:48 a.m. at W136 N6870 Claas Road is considered "suspicious," said Menomonee Falls Fire Chief Jeffrey Hevey.
Crews from the Menomonee Falls Fire Department and Police Department were still on scene as of noon today investigating the fire.
Fire crews from Germantown, Butler, Lannon and Elm Grove responded to assist Menomonee Falls firefighters with putting out the blaze.
An update on the cause of the fire will be available later in the week.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Faustel in Germantown welcomes John Pokrandt to controls engineering team
- Germantown Police Reports, Feb. 4, 2016 (1)
- Germantown School District reacts to scores on first, and last, Badger exam
- Germantown's Kennedy Middle School students make a difference on MLK day
- Germantown Police Reports, Jan. 28, 2016
- Firehouse Subs lends helping hand to Germantown Fire Department
- Germantown police seek shreds of evidence in cheese truck theft (3)
- Graphics Systems Corp. to move from Menomonee Falls into former Family Fun Land in Germantown
- Washington County debt reaches 25-year low
- Germantown's new business park remains unclaimed 18 months later