A house fire that erupted early this morning extensively damaged a two story, single family residence on Claas Road, causing about $90,000 in damage.
No one is currently living in the vacant home. The cause of the fire that was reported at 12:48 a.m. at W136 N6870 Claas Road is considered "suspicious," said Menomonee Falls Fire Chief Jeffrey Hevey.
Crews from the Menomonee Falls Fire Department and Police Department were still on scene as of noon today investigating the fire.
Fire crews from Germantown, Butler, Lannon and Elm Grove responded to assist Menomonee Falls firefighters with putting out the blaze.
An update on the cause of the fire will be available later in the week.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Germantown sets plan in place to name new public works director
- Germantown could consider a referendum based on school facilities survey
- Mud run to raise funds for teacher grants in Germantown
- Germantown Police Report: May 21, 2015
- Germantown school board moves forward on Rockfield expansion (1)
- Germantown Police Report: May 14, 2015
- Germantown High School ranks fifth in state by U.S. News and World Report
- Road construction season affects more than Pilgrim Road in Menomonee Falls
- First Bank Financial Centre of Menomonee Falls gives back to community
- Road construction season has started in Germantown