A house fire that erupted early this morning extensively damaged a two story, single family residence on Claas Road, causing about $90,000 in damage.
No one is currently living in the vacant home. The cause of the fire that was reported at 12:48 a.m. at W136 N6870 Claas Road is considered "suspicious," said Menomonee Falls Fire Chief Jeffrey Hevey.
Crews from the Menomonee Falls Fire Department and Police Department were still on scene as of noon today investigating the fire.
Fire crews from Germantown, Butler, Lannon and Elm Grove responded to assist Menomonee Falls firefighters with putting out the blaze.
An update on the cause of the fire will be available later in the week.
- Germantown Police Reports: June 30, 2016
- Germantown ambulances to be overhauled to save money, extend use
- Buzdum's get deadline on old taxes
- Germantown Mud Splash raises funds for teachers
- Germantown School District could ask for up to $66.5 million in building updates (25)
- Germantown Police Reports, June 23, 2016
- Hubertus man killed in head-on car crash
- Germantown Police Reports: June 16, 2016
- Rockfield Destination Imagination team takes second in global competition
- Chemical spill at Gehl Foods plant leaves five with minor injuries