A house fire that erupted early this morning extensively damaged a two story, single family residence on Claas Road, causing about $90,000 in damage.
No one is currently living in the vacant home. The cause of the fire that was reported at 12:48 a.m. at W136 N6870 Claas Road is considered "suspicious," said Menomonee Falls Fire Chief Jeffrey Hevey.
Crews from the Menomonee Falls Fire Department and Police Department were still on scene as of noon today investigating the fire.
Fire crews from Germantown, Butler, Lannon and Elm Grove responded to assist Menomonee Falls firefighters with putting out the blaze.
An update on the cause of the fire will be available later in the week.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Germantown Police Reports: Aug. 6, 2015
- Germantown schools stay on enrollment track with changes
- Germantown School District gets some gas relief with new supplier (1)
- Germantown police report: July 30, 2015 issue
- Germantown requests extension of MMSD sanitary sewer
- Camp Invention coming to Kennedy Middle School
- District names new Rockfield Elementary principal
- Inaugural mud run raises $4K for Germantown teacher grants
- Germantown resident wins MS scholarship
- Familiar face to lead Germantown parks department