A house fire that erupted early this morning extensively damaged a two story, single family residence on Claas Road, causing about $90,000 in damage.
No one is currently living in the vacant home. The cause of the fire that was reported at 12:48 a.m. at W136 N6870 Claas Road is considered "suspicious," said Menomonee Falls Fire Chief Jeffrey Hevey.
Crews from the Menomonee Falls Fire Department and Police Department were still on scene as of noon today investigating the fire.
Fire crews from Germantown, Butler, Lannon and Elm Grove responded to assist Menomonee Falls firefighters with putting out the blaze.
An update on the cause of the fire will be available later in the week.
- Germantown High School students honored on scholarship night
- County Line Elementary evacuated due to bomb threat
- Germantown School Board defers decision on human resources directors
- Germantown Police Reports: May 26, 2016
- Threat 'not credible'; Kennedy Middle School in Germantown is open today
- Video: Summer fun in suburban Milwaukee
- Germantown Police Reports: May 19, 2016
- Germantown Superintendent Jeff Holmes announces candidacy for Wisconsin State Superintendent (8)
- Leadership Germantown class looks to form police honor guard
- Mai Fest canceled for this year; Germantown group seeks new home for beloved celebration