A house fire that erupted early this morning extensively damaged a two story, single family residence on Claas Road, causing about $90,000 in damage.
No one is currently living in the vacant home. The cause of the fire that was reported at 12:48 a.m. at W136 N6870 Claas Road is considered "suspicious," said Menomonee Falls Fire Chief Jeffrey Hevey.
Crews from the Menomonee Falls Fire Department and Police Department were still on scene as of noon today investigating the fire.
Fire crews from Germantown, Butler, Lannon and Elm Grove responded to assist Menomonee Falls firefighters with putting out the blaze.
An update on the cause of the fire will be available later in the week.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Germantown school district discusses issues with student food waste
- Germantown parents speak out against large kindergarten class sizes, district acknowledges problem
- What parents in Menomonee Falls, Germantown need to know about the measles outbreak
- Germantown Police Report: Feb. 26, 2015
- Germantown dog doesn't win at Westminster but holds head high
- Knodl supports, speaks in favor of Right-to-work legislation
- Germantown school board approves resignation of teacher arrested for vandalism
- Germantown Park and Recreation Department hires new recreation supervisor
- Wauwatosa East High School students won Scholastic Art Awards
- In Our Schools: Feb. 19