Germantown — The School Board on Monday gave final approval for a community event and board workshop to be led by Dr. Sandra Stotsky on April 9.
Stotsky is credited with developing one the country's strongest set of academic standards for kindergarten through 12th grade, Superintendent Jeff Holmes said.
While in Germantown, she will explain how to propel the public schools forward in their desire to adopt stronger standards.
On April 9, she will have a full day working with key staff members on the subject of English language arts standards and curriculum.
"We will have representatives from all grade levels and departments (present)," Holmes said.
Stotsky will lead a forum about modern curriculum and standards at Kennedy Middle School at 7. Parents and community members are encouraged to participate.
"This is a good start off to our committee as we begin to form our standards in Germantown," board member Brian Medved said. "Dr. Stotsky's record speaks for itself. ... We're excited to have her come here. I think she will bring a lot of good things to get us started on the right foot."
If you go
WHAT: Community forum about modern curriculum and academic standards
WHEN: 7 to 8:30 p.m. April 9
WHERE: Kennedy Middle School, W160 N11836 Crusader Court
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Video: Students help break ground for Rockfield addition
- Germantown Police Reports: Nov. 26, 2015
- Momentum Early Learning to open by year-end in Germantown
- Three seats on Germantown School Board up for election in April
- Germantown High School students earn $100,000 grant for teen driving safety efforts
- Taxpayers in Germantown to see taxes creep up for '16
- Germantown officials approve zoning code changes prompted by controversial development proposal
- Longtime Germantown police officer, Korean War vet participates in Stars and Stripes Honor Flight
- Germantown Police Reports, Nov. 19, 2015
- Tender Reflections breaks ground on assisted living community in Germantown