After 42 years of service with the Germantown Fire Department, Fire Chief Gary Pollpeter is retiring.
Pollpeter started with the Germantown Volunteer Fire Company in 1971. He was named chief of the Germantown Fire Department when the village took it over on April 23, 1990 and has been the only chief the department has ever had.
Pollpeter's official date of retirement is Dec. 31, but because of accumulated vacation his last day of work will be Nov. 15. In a press release, the village thanked him for his service to the Fire Department.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Common Core up in the air
- Cameras OK'd for all grade schools
- Firm hired to review water rate, seek savings
- Slightly larger tax levy approved for Germantown
- Airgas files for DNR permit to expand at Germantown Business Park
- New pastor breathes life in two congregations
- Germantown study reveals options to fix aging school buildings, overcrowding issues
- County Line students turn camp into volunteer project
- Germantown removed from Educator Effectiveness pilot program, continues training
- District using grants to help at-risk students