After 42 years of service with the Germantown Fire Department, Fire Chief Gary Pollpeter is retiring.
Pollpeter started with the Germantown Volunteer Fire Company in 1971. He was named chief of the Germantown Fire Department when the village took it over on April 23, 1990 and has been the only chief the department has ever had.
Pollpeter's official date of retirement is Dec. 31, but because of accumulated vacation his last day of work will be Nov. 15. In a press release, the village thanked him for his service to the Fire Department.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Germantown High School alumni wins gold at Warrior Games
- Election 2014: State Assembly District 22 Voter's Guide
- Germantown board requests more information on fire department referendum
- Workouts happen around the clock at the Germantown Police Department
- MLG Development purchases large chunk of new business park
- Brandtjen, Read discuss issues
- Water bills could go up for Germantown residents
- New Airgas distribution facility in Germantown open for business
- Germantown taxpayer raises questions about assessment process
- Germantown, Menomonee Falls clerks respond to changes