After 42 years of service with the Germantown Fire Department, Fire Chief Gary Pollpeter is retiring.
Pollpeter started with the Germantown Volunteer Fire Company in 1971. He was named chief of the Germantown Fire Department when the village took it over on April 23, 1990 and has been the only chief the department has ever had.
Pollpeter's official date of retirement is Dec. 31, but because of accumulated vacation his last day of work will be Nov. 15. In a press release, the village thanked him for his service to the Fire Department.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Family-owned Gehl Foods sold to Chicago-based firm, promising growth
- Germantown summit seeks to 'move beyond standardization into the future of learning'
- Washington County ranks among healthier counties in Wisconsin's Health Rankings
- Proposed bill would allow Germantown school district to start before Sept. 1
- Germantown school officials discuss options to alleviate overcrowding at Rockfield
- Myers, McManus to face off for Germantown Village Board seat
- Germantown brings in third party to look at road improvements within TIF No. 6
- Case involving former Germantown kindergarten teacher sparks lawsuit against Jefferson County Sherif
- Old Town park proposal for Germantown dropped, prompts commission to hit pause on Main Street plans
- Germantown High School presents 'HONK!'