After 42 years of service with the Germantown Fire Department, Fire Chief Gary Pollpeter is retiring.
Pollpeter started with the Germantown Volunteer Fire Company in 1971. He was named chief of the Germantown Fire Department when the village took it over on April 23, 1990 and has been the only chief the department has ever had.
Pollpeter's official date of retirement is Dec. 31, but because of accumulated vacation his last day of work will be Nov. 15. In a press release, the village thanked him for his service to the Fire Department.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Mud run to raise funds for teacher grants in Germantown
- Germantown school board moves forward on Rockfield expansion (1)
- Road construction season has started in Germantown
- Mai Fest hits Germantown, May 15-17
- Menomonee Falls sees first street racing incident in years
- CMH nurse honored by Blood Center of Wisconsin for going beyond the call of duty
- Germantown board votes in favor of adding on to overcrowded school
- Susan G. Komen awards grant to Washington County
- Germantown stalls plans to make major change to sewer lateral regulation in the village (1)
- Longtime Germantown trustee Al Vanderheiden bids farewell, thanks community