After 42 years of service with the Germantown Fire Department, Fire Chief Gary Pollpeter is retiring.
Pollpeter started with the Germantown Volunteer Fire Company in 1971. He was named chief of the Germantown Fire Department when the village took it over on April 23, 1990 and has been the only chief the department has ever had.
Pollpeter's official date of retirement is Dec. 31, but because of accumulated vacation his last day of work will be Nov. 15. In a press release, the village thanked him for his service to the Fire Department.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Germantown school board approves resignation of teacher arrested for vandalism
- What parents in Menomonee Falls, Germantown need to know about the measles outbreak
- Germantown dog doesn't win at Westminster but holds head high
- Germantown Village Board lowers speed limit on Donges Bay Road
- Germantown kindergarten teacher to resign after reassignment, disorderly conduct arrest
- Germantown district braces for what state budget could mean for schools
- Man charged for fleeing an officer, bail jumping after Feb. 11 car chase that ended in Germantown
- Germantown dog leads police officer to unconscious owner in frigid temperatures
- Falling in love ... with food
- Public input prompts Germantown to move forward with development of downtown district