After 42 years of service with the Germantown Fire Department, Fire Chief Gary Pollpeter is retiring.
Pollpeter started with the Germantown Volunteer Fire Company in 1971. He was named chief of the Germantown Fire Department when the village took it over on April 23, 1990 and has been the only chief the department has ever had.
Pollpeter's official date of retirement is Dec. 31, but because of accumulated vacation his last day of work will be Nov. 15. In a press release, the village thanked him for his service to the Fire Department.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- 11 things to do this holiday season in Menomonee Falls and Germantown
- Germantown moves forward with fire department referendum for 2015
- Brandtjen opts to retain seat on Waukesha County Board
- Beer Garden proposal prompts need for long-term plans for downtown Germantown
- Rep. Knodl becomes assistant majority leader
- Brandtjen takes race for Assembly District 22 seat
- Beer garden proposal would restore Germantown historic parklike area
- Germantown family holds fundraiser, looks to adopt service dog for autistic son
- Germantown schools finalize balanced budget
- Orphaned Griebel children adopted by aunt, uncle