After 42 years of service with the Germantown Fire Department, Fire Chief Gary Pollpeter is retiring.
Pollpeter started with the Germantown Volunteer Fire Company in 1971. He was named chief of the Germantown Fire Department when the village took it over on April 23, 1990 and has been the only chief the department has ever had.
Pollpeter's official date of retirement is Dec. 31, but because of accumulated vacation his last day of work will be Nov. 15. In a press release, the village thanked him for his service to the Fire Department.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Germantown School Board members call modular classrooms a "Band-Aid"
- Aurora to complete $38 million conversion of Germantown offices into clinic
- Germantown school district survey yields support for pool, solutions to overcrowding
- Germantown standards development could take up to seven years
- Milwaukee woman drives into Germantown Walmart by accident
- One killed, firefighter injured in Germantown townhouse fire April 11
- Helm defeats Raymonds in Menomonee Falls Village President race
- Washington County votes to implement priority based budgeting process
- Germantown resumes plans for full-time fire department referendum
- Fundraiser to benefit Germantown baby who has rare brain disorder