After 42 years of service with the Germantown Fire Department, Fire Chief Gary Pollpeter is retiring.
Pollpeter started with the Germantown Volunteer Fire Company in 1971. He was named chief of the Germantown Fire Department when the village took it over on April 23, 1990 and has been the only chief the department has ever had.
Pollpeter's official date of retirement is Dec. 31, but because of accumulated vacation his last day of work will be Nov. 15. In a press release, the village thanked him for his service to the Fire Department.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Germantown, Menomonee Falls clerks respond to changes
- Taxpayers in Germantown could see small increase to school taxes
- Fall festivities kick off in the Menomonee Falls, Germantown area
- Germantown, Menomonee Falls school districts react to report card scores
- Facebook buy-sell-trade groups making difference in Falls, Germantown
- Germantown Plan Commission applauds design proposal
- Germantown school district seeks to continue improving ACT scores
- Germantown district pursues personalized learning options
- Germantown officials respond to mandated revaluation of village
- Germantown School District examines possible changes to employee handbook