After 42 years of service with the Germantown Fire Department, Fire Chief Gary Pollpeter is retiring.
Pollpeter started with the Germantown Volunteer Fire Company in 1971. He was named chief of the Germantown Fire Department when the village took it over on April 23, 1990 and has been the only chief the department has ever had.
Pollpeter's official date of retirement is Dec. 31, but because of accumulated vacation his last day of work will be Nov. 15. In a press release, the village thanked him for his service to the Fire Department.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Germantown school district working to promote digital citizenship
- Germantown considers options for new early childhood education site
- Germantown School District continues "long haul" development of standards
- TJ Hale moves forward with plans to develop in Germantown
- Germantown police officers administer Narcan
- Imagination Theatre of Germantown productions to feature adult, young casts
- Germantown approves balanced budget for 2014-15
- Germantown kindergarten teacher charged with disorderly conduct
- Summer construction brings exciting new things to Menomonee Falls, Germantown
- Germantown senior receives honor at Washington County Fair