After 42 years of service with the Germantown Fire Department, Fire Chief Gary Pollpeter is retiring.
Pollpeter started with the Germantown Volunteer Fire Company in 1971. He was named chief of the Germantown Fire Department when the village took it over on April 23, 1990 and has been the only chief the department has ever had.
Pollpeter's official date of retirement is Dec. 31, but because of accumulated vacation his last day of work will be Nov. 15. In a press release, the village thanked him for his service to the Fire Department.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Germantown Village Board to go paperless
- Neuson proposal approved by Menomonee Falls Village Board
- Momentum Early Learning seeks to open facility in Germantown
- TJ Hale drops plans to build headquarters in Germantown, will consolidate in Menomonee Falls instead
- One dead, another seriously injured in crash at Highway 41/45 and Holy Hill Road
- Germantown Fire Department referendum will not appear on April 2015 ballot
- Toys for Tots drives in Menomonee Falls, Germantown share joy this holiday season
- Kennedy Middle School students convince board to purchase additional books
- 11 things to do this holiday season in Menomonee Falls and Germantown
- Germantown moves forward with fire department referendum for 2015