After 42 years of service with the Germantown Fire Department, Fire Chief Gary Pollpeter is retiring.
Pollpeter started with the Germantown Volunteer Fire Company in 1971. He was named chief of the Germantown Fire Department when the village took it over on April 23, 1990 and has been the only chief the department has ever had.
Pollpeter's official date of retirement is Dec. 31, but because of accumulated vacation his last day of work will be Nov. 15. In a press release, the village thanked him for his service to the Fire Department.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Roads, growth are top concerns for Germantown board hopefuls
- Germantown denies pothole damage claim to vehicle
- Germantown renews sports co-op agreements
- Germantown grants historic status to Pilgrim Road house
- Volunteer Center teams up with Red Cross for new volunteer award
- Old Town Inn reopens
- Germantown sets higher standards than Common Core
- Germantown edges closer on BW3, small retail building
- Germantown narrowing fire chief candidates
- Germantown School Board OKs changes to high school music program