After 42 years of service with the Germantown Fire Department, Fire Chief Gary Pollpeter is retiring.
Pollpeter started with the Germantown Volunteer Fire Company in 1971. He was named chief of the Germantown Fire Department when the village took it over on April 23, 1990 and has been the only chief the department has ever had.
Pollpeter's official date of retirement is Dec. 31, but because of accumulated vacation his last day of work will be Nov. 15. In a press release, the village thanked him for his service to the Fire Department.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Germantown plan commission seeks input on plans for Main Street
- Germantown violinist to perform at Carnegie Hall
- Milwaukee County Transit System adds stops in Menomonee Falls, Germantown
- Germantown School District to hold summit to define the future of its education
- GHS alumnus founds prominent student organization at UW-Madison
- Plans proceed for Donges Bay Road reconstruction
- Recap the top stories in Menomonee Falls, Germantown in 2014
- Cambridge Major plans $20 million expansion within Germantown headquarters
- Germantown Village Board to go paperless
- Neuson proposal approved by Menomonee Falls Village Board