A home in Germantown remained cordoned off Tuesday night after police found explosives in the residence earlier in the day, police said.
After receiving a tip, police officers were sent to the home near County Line Road and Fond du Lac Ave. about 2 p.m., found explosives and arrested a 33-year-old man who lives there.
The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives and the Milwaukee County Sheriff's Office bomb squad were contacted and the explosives will be removed from the home on Wednesday, police said.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Family-owned Gehl Foods sold to Chicago-based firm promising growth
- Germantown summit seeks to 'move beyond standardization into the future of learning'
- Washington County ranks among healthier counties in Wisconsin's Health Rankings
- Proposed bill would allow Germantown school district to start before Sept. 1
- Germantown school officials discuss options to alleviate overcrowding at Rockfield
- Myers, McManus to face off for Germantown Village Board seat
- Germantown brings in third party to look at road improvements within TIF No. 6
- Case involving former Germantown kindergarten teacher sparks lawsuit against Jefferson County Sherif
- Old Town park proposal for Germantown dropped, prompts commission to hit pause on Main Street plans
- Germantown High School presents 'HONK!'