A home in Germantown remained cordoned off Tuesday night after police found explosives in the residence earlier in the day, police said.
After receiving a tip, police officers were sent to the home near County Line Road and Fond du Lac Ave. about 2 p.m., found explosives and arrested a 33-year-old man who lives there.
The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives and the Milwaukee County Sheriff's Office bomb squad were contacted and the explosives will be removed from the home on Wednesday, police said.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- 11 things to do this holiday season in Menomonee Falls and Germantown
- Germantown moves forward with fire department referendum for 2015
- Brandtjen opts to retain seat on Waukesha County Board
- Beer Garden proposal prompts need for long-term plans for downtown Germantown
- Rep. Knodl becomes assistant majority leader
- Brandtjen takes race for Assembly District 22 seat
- Beer garden proposal would restore Germantown historic parklike area
- Germantown family holds fundraiser, looks to adopt service dog for autistic son
- Germantown schools finalize balanced budget
- Orphaned Griebel children adopted by aunt, uncle