A home in Germantown remained cordoned off Tuesday night after police found explosives in the residence earlier in the day, police said.
After receiving a tip, police officers were sent to the home near County Line Road and Fond du Lac Ave. about 2 p.m., found explosives and arrested a 33-year-old man who lives there.
The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives and the Milwaukee County Sheriff's Office bomb squad were contacted and the explosives will be removed from the home on Wednesday, police said.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Workouts happen around the clock at the Germantown Police Department
- MLG Development purchases large chunk of new business park
- Brandtjen, Read discuss issues
- Water bills could go up for Germantown residents
- New Airgas distribution facility in Germantown open for business
- Germantown taxpayer raises questions about assessment process
- Germantown, Menomonee Falls clerks respond to changes
- Taxpayers in Germantown could see small increase to school taxes
- Enter Halloween contest to win tickets to Legends & Lore
- Fall festivities kick off in the Menomonee Falls, Germantown area