A home in Germantown remained cordoned off Tuesday night after police found explosives in the residence earlier in the day, police said.
After receiving a tip, police officers were sent to the home near County Line Road and Fond du Lac Ave. about 2 p.m., found explosives and arrested a 33-year-old man who lives there.
The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives and the Milwaukee County Sheriff's Office bomb squad were contacted and the explosives will be removed from the home on Wednesday, police said.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Germantown Police Reports: Oct. 1, 2015
- Trash changes in Germantown delayed a month
- Germantown mansion destroyed in fire
- Menomonee Falls approves developer agreement with E.R. Wagner
- Germantown board hits pause button on Saxony Village proposal
- Germantown Police Reports: Sept. 24, 2015
- The Falls Guy, Sept. 24, 2015: My Forrest Gump moment
- Germantown School District seeks input on facilities
- Sendik's to introduce food recycling at area stores
- Pavement repair to fully close US 45 southbound near Richfield