A home in Germantown remained cordoned off Tuesday night after police found explosives in the residence earlier in the day, police said.
After receiving a tip, police officers were sent to the home near County Line Road and Fond du Lac Ave. about 2 p.m., found explosives and arrested a 33-year-old man who lives there.
The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives and the Milwaukee County Sheriff's Office bomb squad were contacted and the explosives will be removed from the home on Wednesday, police said.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- District aiming higher than DPI
- Here's what seats are up for grabs in Falls, Germantown
- Donges Bay Road project funding in question
- Common Core up in the air
- Cameras OK'd for all grade schools
- Firm hired to review water rate, seek savings
- Slightly larger tax levy approved for Germantown
- Airgas files for DNR permit to expand at Germantown Business Park
- New pastor breathes life in two congregations
- Germantown study reveals options to fix aging school buildings, overcrowding issues