A home in Germantown remained cordoned off Tuesday night after police found explosives in the residence earlier in the day, police said.
After receiving a tip, police officers were sent to the home near County Line Road and Fond du Lac Ave. about 2 p.m., found explosives and arrested a 33-year-old man who lives there.
The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives and the Milwaukee County Sheriff's Office bomb squad were contacted and the explosives will be removed from the home on Wednesday, police said.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Germantown Village Board to go paperless
- Neuson proposal approved by Menomonee Falls Village Board
- Momentum Early Learning seeks to open facility in Germantown
- TJ Hale drops plans to build headquarters in Germantown, will consolidate in Menomonee Falls instead
- One dead, another seriously injured in crash at Highway 41/45 and Holy Hill Road
- Germantown Fire Department referendum will not appear on April 2015 ballot
- Toys for Tots drives in Menomonee Falls, Germantown share joy this holiday season
- Kennedy Middle School students convince board to purchase additional books
- 11 things to do this holiday season in Menomonee Falls and Germantown
- Germantown moves forward with fire department referendum for 2015