A home in Germantown remained cordoned off Tuesday night after police found explosives in the residence earlier in the day, police said.
After receiving a tip, police officers were sent to the home near County Line Road and Fond du Lac Ave. about 2 p.m., found explosives and arrested a 33-year-old man who lives there.
The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives and the Milwaukee County Sheriff's Office bomb squad were contacted and the explosives will be removed from the home on Wednesday, police said.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Germantown, Menomonee Falls clerks respond to changes
- Taxpayers in Germantown could see small increase to school taxes
- Fall festivities kick off in the Menomonee Falls, Germantown area
- Germantown, Menomonee Falls school districts react to report card scores
- Facebook buy-sell-trade groups making difference in Falls, Germantown
- Germantown Plan Commission applauds design proposal
- Germantown school district seeks to continue improving ACT scores
- Germantown district pursues personalized learning options
- Germantown officials respond to mandated revaluation of village
- Germantown School District examines possible changes to employee handbook