A home in Germantown remained cordoned off Tuesday night after police found explosives in the residence earlier in the day, police said.
After receiving a tip, police officers were sent to the home near County Line Road and Fond du Lac Ave. about 2 p.m., found explosives and arrested a 33-year-old man who lives there.
The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives and the Milwaukee County Sheriff's Office bomb squad were contacted and the explosives will be removed from the home on Wednesday, police said.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Germantown denies pothole damage claim to vehicle
- Germantown renews sports co-op agreements
- Germantown grants historic status to Pilgrim Road house
- Volunteer Center teams up with Red Cross for new volunteer award
- Old Town Inn reopens
- Germantown sets higher standards than Common Core
- Germantown edges closer on BW3, small retail building
- Germantown narrowing fire chief candidates
- Germantown School Board OKs changes to high school music program
- Germantown's nonunion employees to get pay increase