A home in Germantown remained cordoned off Tuesday night after police found explosives in the residence earlier in the day, police said.
After receiving a tip, police officers were sent to the home near County Line Road and Fond du Lac Ave. about 2 p.m., found explosives and arrested a 33-year-old man who lives there.
The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives and the Milwaukee County Sheriff's Office bomb squad were contacted and the explosives will be removed from the home on Wednesday, police said.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Video: Students help break ground for Rockfield addition
- Getting to know Dennis Farrell
- Germantown Police Reports: Nov. 26, 2015
- Momentum Early Learning to open by year-end in Germantown
- Three seats on Germantown School Board up for election in April
- Germantown High School students earn $100,000 grant for teen driving safety efforts
- Taxpayers in Germantown to see taxes creep up for '16
- Germantown officials approve zoning code changes prompted by controversial development proposal
- Longtime Germantown police officer, Korean War vet participates in Stars and Stripes Honor Flight
- Germantown Police Reports, Nov. 19, 2015