A home in Germantown remained cordoned off Tuesday night after police found explosives in the residence earlier in the day, police said.
After receiving a tip, police officers were sent to the home near County Line Road and Fond du Lac Ave. about 2 p.m., found explosives and arrested a 33-year-old man who lives there.
The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives and the Milwaukee County Sheriff's Office bomb squad were contacted and the explosives will be removed from the home on Wednesday, police said.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Germantown approves raises for village staff
- Germantown parents speak out against large kindergarten class sizes
- Germantown School District discusses issues with student food waste
- Germantown school board approves resignation of teacher arrested for vandalism
- What parents in Menomonee Falls, Germantown need to know about the measles outbreak
- Germantown dog doesn't win at Westminster but holds head high
- Germantown Village Board lowers speed limit on Donges Bay Road
- Germantown kindergarten teacher to resign after reassignment, disorderly conduct arrest
- Germantown district braces for what state budget could mean for schools
- Man charged for fleeing an officer, bail jumping after Feb. 11 car chase that ended in Germantown