A home in Germantown remained cordoned off Tuesday night after police found explosives in the residence earlier in the day, police said.
After receiving a tip, police officers were sent to the home near County Line Road and Fond du Lac Ave. about 2 p.m., found explosives and arrested a 33-year-old man who lives there.
The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives and the Milwaukee County Sheriff's Office bomb squad were contacted and the explosives will be removed from the home on Wednesday, police said.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Germantown School Board members call modular classrooms a "Band-Aid"
- Aurora to complete $38 million conversion of Germantown offices into clinic
- Germantown school district survey yields support for pool, solutions to overcrowding
- Germantown standards development could take up to seven years
- Milwaukee woman drives into Germantown Walmart by accident
- One killed, firefighter injured in Germantown townhouse fire April 11
- Helm defeats Raymonds in Menomonee Falls Village President race
- Washington County votes to implement priority based budgeting process
- Germantown resumes plans for full-time fire department referendum
- Fundraiser to benefit Germantown baby who has rare brain disorder