A teacher and coach at Germantown High School was charged Friday with sexually assaulting a female student from the school at his home in Milwaukee.
Eric P. Glass, 29, faces three counts of sexual assault of a student by school staff, a felony punishable by up to three years in prison.
According to a criminal complaint filed in Milwaukee County Circuit Court:
Glass and the 17-year-old girl were together dancing and kissing at a concert in Milwaukee on April 9 before he drove her to her parents' home in Germantown, where she got a car and then drove back to his home in northwest Milwaukee where they had sex.
They had intercourse at Glass's house again on the April 11, and sexual contact on April 14, after she called Glass to say they needed to talk because rumors about them were starting to circulate at the school.
The Germantown School District on Friday announced that it had placed Glass on unpaid leave as of Wednesday, and that his employment status will be revisited at the conclusion of the criminal case. Glass is a math instructor and freshman boys basketball coach.
The district's statement indicates that school administrators and the school resource officer have been cooperating with the Milwaukee police investigation.
Glass, who was arrested on Wednesday, was being held Friday evening at the Milwaukee County Jail on $20,000 bail.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- District aiming higher than DPI
- Here's what seats are up for grabs in Falls, Germantown
- Donges Bay Road project funding in question
- Common Core up in the air
- Cameras OK'd for all grade schools
- Firm hired to review water rate, seek savings
- Slightly larger tax levy approved for Germantown
- Airgas files for DNR permit to expand at Germantown Business Park
- New pastor breathes life in two congregations
- Germantown study reveals options to fix aging school buildings, overcrowding issues