A teacher and coach at Germantown High School was charged Friday with sexually assaulting a female student from the school at his home in Milwaukee.
Eric P. Glass, 29, faces three counts of sexual assault of a student by school staff, a felony punishable by up to three years in prison.
According to a criminal complaint filed in Milwaukee County Circuit Court:
Glass and the 17-year-old girl were together dancing and kissing at a concert in Milwaukee on April 9 before he drove her to her parents' home in Germantown, where she got a car and then drove back to his home in northwest Milwaukee where they had sex.
They had intercourse at Glass's house again on the April 11, and sexual contact on April 14, after she called Glass to say they needed to talk because rumors about them were starting to circulate at the school.
The Germantown School District on Friday announced that it had placed Glass on unpaid leave as of Wednesday, and that his employment status will be revisited at the conclusion of the criminal case. Glass is a math instructor and freshman boys basketball coach.
The district's statement indicates that school administrators and the school resource officer have been cooperating with the Milwaukee police investigation.
Glass, who was arrested on Wednesday, was being held Friday evening at the Milwaukee County Jail on $20,000 bail.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Germantown school district seeks to continue improving ACT scores
- Germantown district pursues personalized learning options
- Germantown officials respond to mandated revaluation of village
- Germantown School District examines possible changes to employee handbook
- Reconstruction of Willow Creek Road in Germantown almost complete
- Accidental calls occupying valuable Germantown officer time
- Germantown police, fire departments take ALS Ice Bucket Challenge
- Germantown school district working to promote digital citizenship
- Germantown considers options for new early childhood education site
- Germantown School District continues "long haul" development of standards