A teacher and coach at Germantown High School was charged Friday with sexually assaulting a female student from the school at his home in Milwaukee.
Eric P. Glass, 29, faces three counts of sexual assault of a student by school staff, a felony punishable by up to three years in prison.
According to a criminal complaint filed in Milwaukee County Circuit Court:
Glass and the 17-year-old girl were together dancing and kissing at a concert in Milwaukee on April 9 before he drove her to her parents' home in Germantown, where she got a car and then drove back to his home in northwest Milwaukee where they had sex.
They had intercourse at Glass's house again on the April 11, and sexual contact on April 14, after she called Glass to say they needed to talk because rumors about them were starting to circulate at the school.
The Germantown School District on Friday announced that it had placed Glass on unpaid leave as of Wednesday, and that his employment status will be revisited at the conclusion of the criminal case. Glass is a math instructor and freshman boys basketball coach.
The district's statement indicates that school administrators and the school resource officer have been cooperating with the Milwaukee police investigation.
Glass, who was arrested on Wednesday, was being held Friday evening at the Milwaukee County Jail on $20,000 bail.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Germantown school board moves forward on Rockfield expansion (1)
- Road construction season has started in Germantown
- Mai Fest hits Germantown, May 15-17
- Menomonee Falls sees first street racing incident in years
- CMH nurse honored by Blood Center of Wisconsin for going beyond the call of duty
- Germantown board votes in favor of adding on to overcrowded school
- Susan G. Komen awards grant to Washington County
- Germantown stalls plans to make major change to sewer lateral regulation in the village (1)
- Longtime Germantown trustee Al Vanderheiden bids farewell, thanks community
- Germantown Fire Department, Red Cross provide free smoke detectors following fatal fire