Germantown - Owner and Operator of WI Home Solutions Brian Medved is running for seat four on the Germantown School Board.
Medved, 45, has four children in the Germantown School District. He is also the owner and manager of Sonkist Investments. Medved has served as a Cubmaster, assistant scoutmaster, Little League and pee wee soccer coach in Germantown and is the fundraising chair and board member of the Potawatomi Area Council.
"The reasons I am pursuing this office are many, however my number one concern is the future of education for the children of the district. I am not part of any special interest group or tied to a political ideology," Medved said. "As a board member, if I am fortunate to be elected, I will have all stakeholders in my best interest. I understand the challenges that are faced by teachers each day, as well as understand the importance of a great education for the future of our community at both a local and national level."
As a taxpayer, homeowner and rental property owner, he said he understands the importance of spending taxpayer money responsibly.
"There needs to be a balance between spending money wisely while maintaining an exceptional level of academics for our students," he said. "Having a great school system is also important to maintain property values. I understand the role of School Board is to set a strategic vision for the district as a whole, and I believe I am the right person to help guide that vision."
He said his guiding principle as a School Board member will be, "what is in the best, long-term interest of all the students in the district while keeping all stakeholders in mind."
- Danielle Switalski
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Germantown hits pause in review of Wisconsin DOT's plans for Appleton Avenue and Lannon Road (1)
- Germantown Police Reports, Feb. 11, 2016
- Sold out crowd of more than 350 people gather for Germantown Community Scholarship Fund event (1)
- Construction to start on Highway 175 in Washington County
- Faustel in Germantown welcomes John Pokrandt to controls engineering team
- Germantown Police Reports, Feb. 4, 2016 (1)
- Germantown School District reacts to scores on first, and last, Badger exam
- Germantown's Kennedy Middle School students make a difference on MLK day
- Germantown Police Reports, Jan. 28, 2016
- Firehouse Subs lends helping hand to Germantown Fire Department