Menomonee Falls — Menomonee Falls Police and Fire Department rescue workers responded to a residence in the N85 W17200 block of Appleton Avenue after receiving a report of a woman with a stab wound at 10:40 a.m. July 12.
The woman stated she was walking her dog at the Richfield Nature Park in Washington County when she was confronted by an unknown male subject brandishing a knife.
The woman struggled with the subject to gain control of the knife and sustained several stab wounds on her hand during the incident. She was able to escape and drive to a residence on Appleton Avenue address where police were called.
A Menomonee Falls Fire Department ambulance transported the victim to Community Memorial Hospital, where she received treatment for several lacerations to her right hand.
A man was arrested for the attack and was taken into custody in Washington County, where the case is being investigated.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Germantown School District examines possible changes to employee handbook
- Reconstruction of Willow Creek Road in Germantown almost complete
- Germantown officials respond to mandated revaluation of village
- Germantown district pursues personalized learning options
- Germantown district examines possible changes to employee handbook
- News and Notes: Aug. 28, 2014 issue
- Accidental calls occupying valuable Germantown officer time
- Germantown officers urge people to protect against accidental emergency calls
- Peeping Tom caught in the act at Germantown bar
- Police seeking man who claimed he was Ozaukee County lieutenant