A New Berlin physician has been convicted by a federal jury on 16 counts of dispensing powerful painkillers without a legitimate medical purpose in violation of federal law.
Roger A. Pellmann, 55, who owns the Center for Medical Imaging and Vein and Laser Skin Care Clinics in Germantown, faces up to 20 years in prison and a $1 million fine when he is sentenced Sept. 17 by Chief U.S. District Judge Charles Clevert. The verdict was announced late Friday.
Pellmann gave large levels of painkilling narcotics to a nurse who worked for his clinics, according to court documents, illegally dispensing fentanyl and morphine between July and November of last year, according to court records.
Pellmann remains free prior to sentencing.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Germantown School District approves less open enrollment, Chapter 220 seats for 2015-16
- Germantown surveys residents on community's needs, wants
- Plans proceed for Donges Bay reconstruction in Germantown
- Germantown Police Report: Jan. 27, 2015
- Crowds turn out to discuss long-term plans for downtown Germantown
- New & Notes: Jan. 29, 2015
- Germantown businesses receive funding for workforce development
- Germantown Fire Department seeks to enlist additional paid-on-call staff
- Germantown Police Report: Jan. 22, 2015
- Germantown plan commission seeks input on plans for Main Street