A New Berlin physician has been convicted by a federal jury on 16 counts of dispensing powerful painkillers without a legitimate medical purpose in violation of federal law.
Roger A. Pellmann, 55, who owns the Center for Medical Imaging and Vein and Laser Skin Care Clinics in Germantown, faces up to 20 years in prison and a $1 million fine when he is sentenced Sept. 17 by Chief U.S. District Judge Charles Clevert. The verdict was announced late Friday.
Pellmann gave large levels of painkilling narcotics to a nurse who worked for his clinics, according to court documents, illegally dispensing fentanyl and morphine between July and November of last year, according to court records.
Pellmann remains free prior to sentencing.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Germantown Police Reports: Aug. 27, 2015
- Germantown Police Department bids farewell to Lt. Brian Henning
- Germantown school district approves preliminary 2015-16 budget
- Germantown Police Reports: Aug. 20, 2015
- Village board to consider rezoning, conditional-use permit in September
- Video: Germantown tornado reported, no known damage
- Germantown Police Reports: Aug. 13, 2015
- Camp Invention returns to Germantown
- Missing, injured dog, Kiwi, still missing in Germantown
- Germantown close to naming public works director