A New Berlin physician has been convicted by a federal jury on 16 counts of dispensing powerful painkillers without a legitimate medical purpose in violation of federal law.
Roger A. Pellmann, 55, who owns the Center for Medical Imaging and Vein and Laser Skin Care Clinics in Germantown, faces up to 20 years in prison and a $1 million fine when he is sentenced Sept. 17 by Chief U.S. District Judge Charles Clevert. The verdict was announced late Friday.
Pellmann gave large levels of painkilling narcotics to a nurse who worked for his clinics, according to court documents, illegally dispensing fentanyl and morphine between July and November of last year, according to court records.
Pellmann remains free prior to sentencing.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- GFD is "delivering fire prevention" tonight
- Germantown Police Report: October 23, 2014
- Amy Belle Elementary School Receives Award
- Orphaned Griebel children adopted by aunt, uncle
- Germantown board requests more information on fire department referendum
- Germantown High School alumni wins gold at Warrior Games
- Two Germantown Police Officers injured after car chase
- Workouts happen around the clock at the Germantown Police Department
- Early Childhood Center plans hit roadblock, crowding remains an issue
- St. Boniface Apple Pie Production raises money for local charities