She dove right in. They even had her old nameplate.
Former School Board member Erin Jex is filling the spot created by Michael Schultz's resignation. After board members appointed her Monday night, she took her oath of office and got to work. Board members joked about recycling, presenting Jex with her old nameplate.
The board had appointed Jex in September 2007 to fill the vacancy created when Ric Ericksen resigned after being hired as the school district's business manager.
However, she lost the seat to Cari Brust in April 2008. Jex then mounted a comeback last April, making it through the primary, but ultimately lost to Tom Bowe.
Jex said she had decided not to run in April again because of her husband's coaching commitment and time constraints, but couldn't pass up a chance when Schulz's seat opened up.
Brust, who is finishing her second year on the board, will face challenger Diana Kline in April. Board members Michael Erdmann and Bruce Warnimont are running unopposed.
School Board members serve three-year terms and earn $3,500 a year. Because the board appointed Jex, she will serve until next April. Coincidentally, that is when Schultz's term expires.
Barb Mendenhall also had applied to fill Schultz's seat, but arrived after the board had interviewed Jex and took a vote.
Schultz resigned because he is moving to Ashville, N.C.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Mud run to raise funds for teacher grants in Germantown
- Germantown Police Report: May 21, 2015
- Germantown school board moves forward on Rockfield expansion (1)
- Germantown Police Report: May 14, 2015
- Germantown High School ranks fifth in state by U.S. News and World Report
- Road construction season affects more than Pilgrim Road in Menomonee Falls
- First Bank Financial Centre of Menomonee Falls gives back to community
- Road construction season has started in Germantown
- Mai Fest hits Germantown, May 15-17
- 225 So Mia Famiglia brings old favorites to new location in downtown Waukesha