Germantown — The former Lohmann's Steak House site is on its way to becoming a home for a multitenant commercial building.
The Village Board on Monday created a general business planned development district for the 0.96-acre parcel at County Line Road and Appleton Avenue.
The Redmond Co. and the property owner, Ph Germantown Lohmanns LLC, requested the rezoning to allow the development of a 6,350-square-foot multi-use building with three retail tenants.
Village Planner Jeff Retzlaff said the site is at a "key intersection in the village."
Because the building and site are non-conforming, the three parcels that make up the site must be combined. The board is scheduled to approve a certified survey map combining the parcels at a meeting next month.
Village code also calls for the dedication of an additional 27 feet of right of way along County Line Road and Appleton Avenue, which reduces the area available for development to 0.62 acres.
In exchange for some reductions in setbacks and other requirements, the owner will construct a sidewalk along County Line Road and Appleton Avenue, install a "Welcome to Germantown" sign at the corner of County Line and Appleton, and use higher quality materials for the building, Retzlaff said.
The property owner will be responsible for maintenance of the "Welcome" sign, sidewalk and trees and other landscaping to be installed in the new right-of-way areas.
As one of the concessions, the village reduced the number of recommended parking spaces from 40 to 36. However, Retzlaff will review the parking plan if a restaurant is proposed as a tenant. No tenants have been named.
- K. L. Klein
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Aurora to complete $38 million conversion of Germantown offices into clinic
- Germantown standards development could take up to seven years
- Germantown School Board members call modular classrooms a "Band-Aid"
- Germantown school district survey yields support for pool, solutions to overcrowding
- Gehl Sponsorship takes Germantown performing arts pavilion a big step closer to becoming a reality
- Waukesha, Washington counties at "very high" fire danger risk
- Germantown Police Report: April 16, 2015
- One killed, firefighter injured in Germantown townhouse fire April 11
- Germantown stalls plans to make major change to sewer lateral regulation in the village (1)
- Germantown commission to review four requests to expand within the village