Germantown — The former Lohmann's Steak House site is on its way to becoming a home for a multitenant commercial building.
The Village Board on Monday created a general business planned development district for the 0.96-acre parcel at County Line Road and Appleton Avenue.
The Redmond Co. and the property owner, Ph Germantown Lohmanns LLC, requested the rezoning to allow the development of a 6,350-square-foot multi-use building with three retail tenants.
Village Planner Jeff Retzlaff said the site is at a "key intersection in the village."
Because the building and site are non-conforming, the three parcels that make up the site must be combined. The board is scheduled to approve a certified survey map combining the parcels at a meeting next month.
Village code also calls for the dedication of an additional 27 feet of right of way along County Line Road and Appleton Avenue, which reduces the area available for development to 0.62 acres.
In exchange for some reductions in setbacks and other requirements, the owner will construct a sidewalk along County Line Road and Appleton Avenue, install a "Welcome to Germantown" sign at the corner of County Line and Appleton, and use higher quality materials for the building, Retzlaff said.
The property owner will be responsible for maintenance of the "Welcome" sign, sidewalk and trees and other landscaping to be installed in the new right-of-way areas.
As one of the concessions, the village reduced the number of recommended parking spaces from 40 to 36. However, Retzlaff will review the parking plan if a restaurant is proposed as a tenant. No tenants have been named.
- K. L. Klein
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Faustel in Germantown welcomes John Pokrandt to controls engineering team
- Germantown Police Reports, Feb. 4, 2016 (1)
- Germantown School District reacts to scores on first, and last, Badger exam
- Germantown's Kennedy Middle School students make a difference on MLK day
- Germantown Police Reports, Jan. 28, 2016
- Firehouse Subs lends helping hand to Germantown Fire Department
- Germantown police seek shreds of evidence in cheese truck theft (3)
- Graphics Systems Corp. to move from Menomonee Falls into former Family Fun Land in Germantown
- Washington County debt reaches 25-year low
- Germantown's new business park remains unclaimed 18 months later