Financial support from the village for the Germantown Farmers Market could come to an end.
The General Government and Finance Committee last night recommended to the Village Board stopping financial support of the farmers market, with the exception of monies from the tourism and betterment fund.
Trustees referred to financial support in terms of staff time.
Since the farmers market last year moved from the Village Hall parking lot to The Livery, W17303 Rockfield Road, a private business, trustees said the village should no longer support the event with staff time.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Plans proceed for Donges Bay reconstruction in Germantown
- Germantown Police Report: Jan. 27, 2015
- Crowds turn out to discuss long-term plans for downtown Germantown
- New & Notes: Jan. 29, 2015
- Germantown businesses receive funding for workforce development
- Germantown Fire Department seeks to enlist additional paid-on-call staff
- Germantown Police Report: Jan. 22, 2015
- Germantown plan commission seeks input on plans for Main Street
- Germantown violinist to perform at Carnegie Hall
- Milwaukee County Transit System adds stops in Menomonee Falls, Germantown