Financial support from the village for the Germantown Farmers Market could come to an end.
The General Government and Finance Committee last night recommended to the Village Board stopping financial support of the farmers market, with the exception of monies from the tourism and betterment fund.
Trustees referred to financial support in terms of staff time.
Since the farmers market last year moved from the Village Hall parking lot to The Livery, W17303 Rockfield Road, a private business, trustees said the village should no longer support the event with staff time.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Mud run to raise funds for teacher grants in Germantown
- Germantown Police Report: May 21, 2015
- Germantown school board moves forward on Rockfield expansion (1)
- Germantown Police Report: May 14, 2015
- Germantown High School ranks fifth in state by U.S. News and World Report
- Road construction season affects more than Pilgrim Road in Menomonee Falls
- First Bank Financial Centre of Menomonee Falls gives back to community
- Road construction season has started in Germantown
- Mai Fest hits Germantown, May 15-17
- 225 So Mia Famiglia brings old favorites to new location in downtown Waukesha