Financial support from the village for the Germantown Farmers Market could come to an end.
The General Government and Finance Committee last night recommended to the Village Board stopping financial support of the farmers market, with the exception of monies from the tourism and betterment fund.
Trustees referred to financial support in terms of staff time.
Since the farmers market last year moved from the Village Hall parking lot to The Livery, W17303 Rockfield Road, a private business, trustees said the village should no longer support the event with staff time.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- GFD is "delivering fire prevention" tonight
- Germantown Police Report: October 23, 2014
- Amy Belle Elementary School Receives Award
- Orphaned Griebel children adopted by aunt, uncle
- Germantown board requests more information on fire department referendum
- Germantown High School alumni wins gold at Warrior Games
- Two Germantown Police Officers injured after car chase
- Workouts happen around the clock at the Germantown Police Department
- Early Childhood Center plans hit roadblock, crowding remains an issue
- St. Boniface Apple Pie Production raises money for local charities