Financial support from the village for the Germantown Farmers Market could come to an end.
The General Government and Finance Committee last night recommended to the Village Board stopping financial support of the farmers market, with the exception of monies from the tourism and betterment fund.
Trustees referred to financial support in terms of staff time.
Since the farmers market last year moved from the Village Hall parking lot to The Livery, W17303 Rockfield Road, a private business, trustees said the village should no longer support the event with staff time.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Habitat for Humanity Opens ReStore in Germantown
- Community Calendar: Sept. 18, 2014 issue
- Facebook buy-sell-trade groups making difference in Falls, Germantown
- Police searching for 2 men for armed robbery at Craigslist sale
- Germantown to consider long-term plan for downtown district
- Germantown Police Report: September 11, 2014
- Germantown Plan Commission applauds design proposal
- Department of Transportation prepares for full closure of Highway 41
- Germantown school district seeks to continue improving ACT scores
- Germantown district pursues personalized learning options