Financial support from the village for the Germantown Farmers Market could come to an end.
The General Government and Finance Committee last night recommended to the Village Board stopping financial support of the farmers market, with the exception of monies from the tourism and betterment fund.
Trustees referred to financial support in terms of staff time.
Since the farmers market last year moved from the Village Hall parking lot to The Livery, W17303 Rockfield Road, a private business, trustees said the village should no longer support the event with staff time.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Masked men with weapons attack Germantown tavern
- BMO Harris Bank robbery results in car, foot chase
- Germantown Police Report: September 25, 2014
- Germantown, Menomonee Falls clerks respond to changes
- Taxpayers in Germantown could see small increase to school taxes
- Fall festivities kick off in the Menomonee Falls, Germantown area
- News & Notes: Sept. 25, 2014 issue
- Germantown, Menomonee Falls school districts react to report card scores
- Habitat for Humanity Opens ReStore in Germantown