Financial support from the village for the Germantown Farmers Market could come to an end.
The General Government and Finance Committee last night recommended to the Village Board stopping financial support of the farmers market, with the exception of monies from the tourism and betterment fund.
Trustees referred to financial support in terms of staff time.
Since the farmers market last year moved from the Village Hall parking lot to The Livery, W17303 Rockfield Road, a private business, trustees said the village should no longer support the event with staff time.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Taxpayers could see small increase to village taxes
- Germantown moves forward with fire department referendum for 2015
- News & Notes: Nov. 20, 2014
- Fundraising party for childhood cancer honors Graham's memory
- Graham's memory honored with fundraising party for childhood cancer
- Germantown Police Report: Nov. 13, 2014
- Brandtjen opts to retain seat on Waukesha County Board
- Beer Garden proposal prompts need for long-term plans for downtown Germantown
- Rep. Knodl becomes assistant majority leader
- Germantown Police Report: Nov. 6, 2014