Financial support from the village for the Germantown Farmers Market could come to an end.
The General Government and Finance Committee last night recommended to the Village Board stopping financial support of the farmers market, with the exception of monies from the tourism and betterment fund.
Trustees referred to financial support in terms of staff time.
Since the farmers market last year moved from the Village Hall parking lot to The Livery, W17303 Rockfield Road, a private business, trustees said the village should no longer support the event with staff time.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- South Shore Police report: Dec. 25, 2014 issue
- Germantown Village Board to go paperless
- Neuson proposal approved by Menomonee Falls Village Board
- Germantown Police Report: Dec. 18, 2014
- GHS Alumni founds prominent student organization at UW-Madison
- Woman drives drunk to pick up drunken driver from police station
- Germantown considers long-term plans for Main Street
- Momentum Early Learning seeks to open facility in Germantown
- Germantown Police Report: Dec. 11, 2014
- Germantown Police Report: Dec. 4, 2014