Financial support from the village for the Germantown Farmers Market could come to an end.
The General Government and Finance Committee last night recommended to the Village Board stopping financial support of the farmers market, with the exception of monies from the tourism and betterment fund.
Trustees referred to financial support in terms of staff time.
Since the farmers market last year moved from the Village Hall parking lot to The Livery, W17303 Rockfield Road, a private business, trustees said the village should no longer support the event with staff time.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Germantown Police Reports, Dec. 3, 2015
- Germantown High School Key Club supports cause for ending world hunger, obesity
- Video: Students help break ground for Rockfield addition
- Germantown Police Reports: Nov. 26, 2015
- Momentum Early Learning to open by year-end in Germantown
- Three seats on Germantown School Board up for election in April
- Germantown High School students earn $100,000 grant for teen driving safety efforts
- Taxpayers in Germantown to see taxes creep up for '16
- Germantown officials approve zoning code changes prompted by controversial development proposal
- Longtime Germantown police officer, Korean War vet participates in Stars and Stripes Honor Flight