Watching the candidate forum recently, I can honestly say I liked what I heard from 3rd District candidate Dennis Myers. He has the interests of the taxpayers in mind.
I also want to comment about a recent Journal Sentinel article about a confrontation at McDonald's on Mequon Road involving 1st District candidate Bill Steitz. In my opinion, having such a loud and verbal disagreement in a public place where children are present is inexcusable. Steitz was quoted as saying he did not need to apologize to the community for his disrespectful behavior. Germantown residents deserve better.
Fortunately, 1st District voters have a better choice with Terri Kaminski. She has demonstrated her ability to work with others in her current position on the Plan Commission. Kaminski's experience in owning her own marketing and public relations consulting company should certainly be a plus especially for helping to successfully fill our industrial park.
I have seen many changes in our village. Voters can help make positive changes continue by voting Tuesday, April 7.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Fire referendum heading to ballot in Germantown
- Germantown Police Reports: Aug. 6, 2015
- Germantown schools stay on enrollment track with changes
- Germantown School District gets some gas relief with new supplier (1)
- Germantown police report: July 30, 2015 issue
- Germantown requests extension of MMSD sanitary sewer
- Camp Invention coming to Kennedy Middle School
- District names new Rockfield Elementary principal
- Inaugural mud run raises $4K for Germantown teacher grants
- Germantown resident wins MS scholarship