Very important decisions for Germantown will be made by voters Tuesday, April 7.
Starting with the 4th District, we have Bill Steitz, who was a police officer in Germantown for about 30 years. He has stayed involved in law enforcement part time with Washington County. He is president of the local Kiwanis Club, which works at Mai Fest, Octoberfest and sponsors the Fourth of July festivities, plus other functions in Germantown.
In the 3rd District, incumbent Al Vanderheiden is another extremely active board member for Germantown. Vanderheiden videotaped board and commission meetings for 10 years, the first few using his own equipment for free at the old Village Hall. He has worked with Youth Futures and Mai Fest, is an American Legion member and flag bearer during parades, treasurer of American Legion bingo and works during the Fourth of July festivities.
In the 2nd District, incumbent James Langer is another person heavily involved in many of the above things, plus personal time and money on the Survive Alive House, Wheeling for Healing and Robert's Custard Hot Meal Holiday Handouts.
People who are active in the community during the year do it because they care.
I support Steitz, Vanderheiden and Langer for this election. We cannot afford to lose these three people.
former village president
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Germantown taxpayer raises questions about assessment process
- Masked men with weapons attack Germantown tavern
- Enter Halloween contest to win tickets to Legends & Lore
- BMO Harris Bank robbery results in car, foot chase
- Germantown Police Report: October 2, 2014
- Germantown, Menomonee Falls clerks respond to changes
- Taxpayers in Germantown could see small increase to school taxes
- Fall festivities kick off in the Menomonee Falls, Germantown area
- News & Notes: Sept. 25, 2014 issue