Although trustee candidate Terri Kaminski could not participate in the March 10 Germantown Area Community Chamber forum, she weighed in on her five-year plans for Main Street and Mequon Road.
Kaminski, a Plan Commission member, said she would like to see a Main Street "association" in which businesses and residents share ideas and discuss issues on a regular basis. In terms of Mequon Road, she said the key will be to attract business and assure new development continues.
Kaminski had a work obligation set prior to the date of the forum being determined. She made arrangements to participate via telephone conference from Denver, but opposition from other trustee candidates led chamber Executive Director Lynn Grgich on March 9 to nix the conference call idea.
"I would have moved heaven and earth to be there, but it just didn't work out that way," said Kaminski, who is running against former Trustee Bill Steitz for the 1st District seat being vacated by Trustee Michael Bech.
Grgich said Steitz and 3rd District trustee Al Vanderheiden came to the chamber and told her it would not be fair to allow Kaminski to participate if she could not be present.
Instead, Kaminski was allowed to submit an opening statement.
Ty Finke can be reached at (262) 446-6621.
- Donges Bay Road reconstruction enters final phase
- Germantown Police Reports, July 21, 2016
- Germantown, Menomonee Falls Police Chiefs react to police brutality, community support
- Germantown Police Reports, July 14, 2016
- Imagination Theatre of Germantown presents musical 'Bye Bye Birdie'
- Now intern surveys Gemantown's historic places
- Germantown Police Reports, July 7, 2016
- Germantown School Board hires Michael Nowak as new human resources director
- Germantown Police Reports: June 30, 2016
- Germantown ambulances to be overhauled to save money, extend use