Kim Fischer and Jayson Stemo still are in the running for seat one on the Germantown School Board after the primary election Feb. 17.
The seat is being vacated by Dave Magill.
The vote totals, according to unofficial results Tuesday:
Election results remain unofficial until they are certified by the board of canvassers, which met after press deadline.
"I am deeply honored and grateful to all who voted today and to be a continued part of the election process," Fischer said. "I look forward to continued community conversations about solutions to existing issues in the district and how the School Board can evolve in its support of educational excellence for the future."
In her campaign, Fischer, 48, has focused on what the district can do to best use its existing resources, suggesting it host academic camps for studies in graphic design or technology.
Stemo, 31, said he will focus more on bringing a sense of fiscal control and responsibility to the board, if elected.
"I would really like to thank anyone who voted for me," Stemo said. "Beyond that would be to continue getting my message out there of holding the tax rate where it's at, continued focus on cost control and continuing to reduce our cost of schooling in this school district."
Young, 33, also had emphasized spending as one of many issues he would like to examine, along with overcrowding at district elementary schools, teacher contract negotiations and Germantown's relationship with Milwaukee Area Technical College.
Board members are elected to three-year terms and are paid $3,500 annually.
The spring election is Tuesday, April 7.
Ty Finke can be reached at (262) 446-6621.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Germantown Police Reports: Aug. 27, 2015
- Germantown Police Department bids farewell to Lt. Brian Henning
- Germantown school district approves preliminary 2015-16 budget
- Germantown Police Reports: Aug. 20, 2015
- Village board to consider rezoning, conditional-use permit in September
- Video: Germantown tornado reported, no known damage
- Germantown Police Reports: Aug. 13, 2015
- Camp Invention returns to Germantown
- Missing, injured dog, Kiwi, still missing in Germantown
- Germantown close to naming public works director