At-large seat one on the Germantown School Board will be available in April, and member Tom Bowe has decided to run for re-election to at-large seat seven.
Seat one incumbent Dave Magill has decided not to run for a third term, but Bowe said last week that he intends to run for his second term.
"I think we've done a lot of good things in the last couple of years," Bowe said. "One thing I think I'm pretty good at is cost-cutting, and I think we have to do a lot of that and figure out a way to do everything we want to do for education and also control costs in a down economy."
School board members are elected to three-year terms and are paid $3,500 annually.
Candidacy papers must be filed by 5 p.m. Tuesday, Jan. 6.
A primary election, if necessary, would be held Tuesday, Feb. 17. The spring election is Tuesday, April 7.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Complaint: Menomonee Falls parents fed son dog food, denied him restroom
- Washington County ranks among healthier counties in Wisconsin's Health Rankings
- Proposed bill would allow Germantown school district to start before Sept. 1
- Germantown summit seeks to 'move beyond standardization into the future of learning'
- Germantown School Board reviewing options to address space issues
- Germantown, Washington County lifts burn ban
- Germantown Police Report: March 26, 2015
- Germantown school officials discuss options to alleviate overcrowding at Rockfield
- Germantown manufacturer recognized among best in country
- Germantown school board to get update on facilities plans