At-large seat one on the Germantown School Board will be available in April, and member Tom Bowe has decided to run for re-election to at-large seat seven.
Seat one incumbent Dave Magill has decided not to run for a third term, but Bowe said last week that he intends to run for his second term.
"I think we've done a lot of good things in the last couple of years," Bowe said. "One thing I think I'm pretty good at is cost-cutting, and I think we have to do a lot of that and figure out a way to do everything we want to do for education and also control costs in a down economy."
School board members are elected to three-year terms and are paid $3,500 annually.
Candidacy papers must be filed by 5 p.m. Tuesday, Jan. 6.
A primary election, if necessary, would be held Tuesday, Feb. 17. The spring election is Tuesday, April 7.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Habitat for Humanity Opens ReStore in Germantown
- Community Calendar: Sept. 18, 2014 issue
- Facebook buy-sell-trade groups making difference in Falls, Germantown
- Police searching for 2 men for armed robbery at Craigslist sale
- Germantown to consider long-term plan for downtown district
- Germantown Police Report: September 11, 2014
- Germantown Plan Commission applauds design proposal
- Department of Transportation prepares for full closure of Highway 41
- Germantown school district seeks to continue improving ACT scores
- Germantown district pursues personalized learning options