At-large seat one on the Germantown School Board will be available in April, and member Tom Bowe has decided to run for re-election to at-large seat seven.
Seat one incumbent Dave Magill has decided not to run for a third term, but Bowe said last week that he intends to run for his second term.
"I think we've done a lot of good things in the last couple of years," Bowe said. "One thing I think I'm pretty good at is cost-cutting, and I think we have to do a lot of that and figure out a way to do everything we want to do for education and also control costs in a down economy."
School board members are elected to three-year terms and are paid $3,500 annually.
Candidacy papers must be filed by 5 p.m. Tuesday, Jan. 6.
A primary election, if necessary, would be held Tuesday, Feb. 17. The spring election is Tuesday, April 7.
- Board overturns Germantown Plan Commission's decision on zoning that impacts Saxony Village
- Germantown School District to survey residents to gauge support for facility improvement plans
- Germantown Police Reports, May 5, 2016
- Germantown Community Scholarship Fund provides unique experience for students, to host Mud Splash
- Germantown Police Reports, April 28, 2016
- Germantown Police Reports, April 21, 2016
- Sendik's celebrates 90th anniversary with special two-week event at its stores, including Germantown
- Washington County artists encouraged to participate in annual Art Purchase Award Contest
- Chaz Hastings proposes temporary parking lot to help with parking along Main Street in Germantown
- St. Boniface students donate hundreds of bears to Germantown Fire Department