At-large seat one on the Germantown School Board will be available in April, and member Tom Bowe has decided to run for re-election to at-large seat seven.
Seat one incumbent Dave Magill has decided not to run for a third term, but Bowe said last week that he intends to run for his second term.
"I think we've done a lot of good things in the last couple of years," Bowe said. "One thing I think I'm pretty good at is cost-cutting, and I think we have to do a lot of that and figure out a way to do everything we want to do for education and also control costs in a down economy."
School board members are elected to three-year terms and are paid $3,500 annually.
Candidacy papers must be filed by 5 p.m. Tuesday, Jan. 6.
A primary election, if necessary, would be held Tuesday, Feb. 17. The spring election is Tuesday, April 7.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Germantown Police Report: April 23, 2015
- Longtime Germantown trustee Al Vanderheiden bids farewell to board, thanks community
- Longtime Germantown Fire Captain resigns, leaves for new role
- Participants needed for Relay for Life May 29, 30
- Aurora to complete $38 million conversion of Germantown offices into clinic
- Germantown standards development could take up to seven years
- Germantown School Board members call modular classrooms a "Band-Aid"
- Germantown school district survey yields support for pool, solutions to overcrowding
- Gehl Sponsorship takes Germantown performing arts pavilion a big step closer to becoming a reality
- Waukesha, Washington counties at "very high" fire danger risk