Germantown — A 38-year-old Oconomowoc woman will appear in court Aug. 19 after allegedly causing damage to Scott Walker signs at the Republican party tent at the Jefferson County Fair on July 9.
April Smith, who is a kindergarten teacher at Amy Belle Elementary School in Germantown, is charged with disorderly conduct for causing an estimated $40 of damage to an unknown number of Scott Walker signs on the evening of July 9, according to the police report. A call requesting a comment from Germantown Superintendent Jeff Holmes was not returned before press deadline.
Smith, who had a blood alcohol content of 0.06, initially denied having any knowledge of the incident before she ultimately confessed she did damage the signs, which were bent and pulled off their metal frames, according to the report.
- Germantown High School students honored on scholarship night
- County Line Elementary evacuated due to bomb threat (1)
- Germantown School Board defers decision on human resources directors
- Germantown Police Reports: May 26, 2016
- Threat 'not credible'; Kennedy Middle School in Germantown is open today
- Video: Summer fun in suburban Milwaukee
- Germantown Police Reports: May 19, 2016
- Germantown Superintendent Jeff Holmes announces candidacy for Wisconsin State Superintendent (8)
- Leadership Germantown class looks to form police honor guard
- Mai Fest canceled for this year; Germantown group seeks new home for beloved celebration