Germantown — A 38-year-old Oconomowoc woman will appear in court Aug. 19 after allegedly causing damage to Scott Walker signs at the Republican party tent at the Jefferson County Fair on July 9.
April Smith, who is a kindergarten teacher at Amy Belle Elementary School in Germantown, is charged with disorderly conduct for causing an estimated $40 of damage to an unknown number of Scott Walker signs on the evening of July 9, according to the police report. A call requesting a comment from Germantown Superintendent Jeff Holmes was not returned before press deadline.
Smith, who had a blood alcohol content of 0.06, initially denied having any knowledge of the incident before she ultimately confessed she did damage the signs, which were bent and pulled off their metal frames, according to the report.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Buzdum's to remain open in Germantown
- Germantown Police Reports: June 25, 2015
- Germantown High School hands out scholarships
- Germantown School Board meeting postponed due to lack of quorum
- Washington County offices to close for holiday
- Three Germantown elementary schools recognized
- Germantown Library Board to discuss 2016 budget
- Germantown Police Report: June 18, 2015
- Germantown School Board to discuss budget
- Germantown Rec Department has listing of summer events