A 56-year-old Germantown man faces $10,000 in fines and 31/2 years in prison after nude images of various teenage girls were found on his work computer.
Jeffery P. Dishman was charged Wednesday, May 21, in Waukesha County Circuit Court with possessing a recording of nudity without consent.
According to the criminal complaint, deputies from the Waukesha County Sheriff's Department were dispatched in February 2012 to the corporate headquarters for CC&N in the city of Pewaukee. A company official turned over to the department a laptop she said contained suspected images of child pornography. The laptop was issued to Dishman, the official said in the complaint.
Detectives examined the laptop and discovered 13 videos and six photographs that depicted teenage girls in various states of undress. An assistant district attorney concluded that two of the girls were likely younger than 18 and therefore could not consent to being recorded, the complaint states.
District Attorney Brad Schimel said the evidence was not sufficient to charge Dishman with possession of child pornography.
"While there is reason to suspect the images in two of the items may depict individuals under 18, it is also possible that the images depict 18-year-olds," Schimel said. "This case does not involve the large amounts of suspected child pornography images we usually see. The large volume makes our case easier to prove."
Dishman is expected to make an initial court appearance on Monday, June 16.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Aurora to complete $38 million conversion of Germantown offices into clinic
- Germantown standards development could take up to seven years
- Germantown School Board members call modular classrooms a "Band-Aid"
- Germantown school district survey yields support for pool, solutions to overcrowding
- Gehl Sponsorship takes Germantown performing arts pavilion a big step closer to becoming a reality
- Waukesha, Washington counties at "very high" fire danger risk
- Germantown Police Report: April 16, 2015
- One killed, firefighter injured in Germantown townhouse fire April 11
- Germantown stalls plans to make major change to sewer lateral regulation in the village (1)
- Germantown commission to review four requests to expand within the village