The Volunteer Center of Washington County is proud to announce that it is teaming with the American Red Cross to present a new "Real Heroes" Award category at the annual event on June 17. The Volunteer Center's "Volunteer of the Year Award" will honor outstanding volunteer service in Washington County.
The Volunteer Center's 58 partner agencies are invited to nominate individuals whose volunteer service has made an impact on their organization. Nominees can be any age and serve in any kind of role within your organization. Winners will be selected by the Red Cross Real Heroes Committee, on which the Volunteer Center is represented.
"We are so thankful to the Red Cross for welcoming this new award, and highlighting the fact that real heroes are all around us. We feel strongly that recognizing the tremendous efforts of volunteers is an essential part of the volunteer process. We are honored to be part of this event," Volunteer Center Executive Director Sue Millin said.
"We encourage all of our partner agencies to nominate volunteers. This is a great way to promote your organization and the impact volunteers have within. It is also a great way to recruit new volunteers," Millin said.
"We are excited to have the Volunteer Center join us at our Real Heroes event by presenting this special volunteer award. The nonprofits in our community are so very grateful for the service of their volunteer "Real Heroes" and this award seeks to recognize their value and importance," Community Office Director of the American Red Cross Janean Brudvig said.
Nominations are due to the Red Cross office by March 15. To download a nomination form, visit volunteernow.net√. All nominees will be recognized at the event and highlighted on the Volunteer Center Website and promotional materials.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Germantown Police Report: May 28, 2015
- Germantown to begin working on parks department survey results
- Germantown sets plan in place to name new public works director
- Germantown could consider a referendum based on school facilities survey
- Mud run to raise funds for teacher grants in Germantown
- Germantown Police Report: May 21, 2015
- Germantown school board moves forward on Rockfield expansion (1)
- Germantown Police Report: May 14, 2015
- Germantown High School ranks fifth in state by U.S. News and World Report
- Road construction season affects more than Pilgrim Road in Menomonee Falls