A 63-year-old Franklin man has died as a result of injuries he sustained during a multiple vehicle crash Sunday morning on southbound U.S. Highway 41/45 in Menomonee Falls.
The Menomonee Falls Police Department responded to the multiple-vehicle crash reported at approximately 11:15 a.m. Shortly thereafter, additional vehicle crashes were reported on the highway. As a result of those additional accidents, a second person sustained life-threatening injuries as a result of the crashes, while numerous people suffered non-life threatening injuries.
The Menomonee Falls Police Department is estimating that about 100 vehicles were involved in the numerous crashes that occurred on the three-mile stretch of the highway through the village.
Highway 41/45 was shut down for approximately nine hours Sunday for safety reasons as steady snowfall led to slick road conditions and blowing snow limited visibility.
The Menomonee Falls Police Department's Traffic Unit is currently investigating the crashes.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Germantown hits pause in review of Wisconsin DOT's plans for Appleton Avenue and Lannon Road (1)
- Germantown Police Reports, Feb. 11, 2016
- Sold out crowd of more than 350 people gather for Germantown Community Scholarship Fund event (1)
- Construction to start on Highway 175 in Washington County
- Faustel in Germantown welcomes John Pokrandt to controls engineering team
- Germantown Police Reports, Feb. 4, 2016 (1)
- Germantown School District reacts to scores on first, and last, Badger exam
- Germantown's Kennedy Middle School students make a difference on MLK day
- Germantown Police Reports, Jan. 28, 2016
- Firehouse Subs lends helping hand to Germantown Fire Department