· A purse was stolen from an employee at Tec Star, W190 N11708 Moldmakers Way, on Oct. 9. The suspect, another female employee, was identified through video surveillance and police were following up with the victim and suspect at the time of the report.
· A 21-year-old man was arrested for drunken driving after being involved in an accident on Main and Church streets at about 11 p.m. Oct. 8. He was transported to the hospital by Germantown Fire and Rescue where he was held for medical clearance. His blood alcohol test results were unavailable at the time of the report.
· The Washington County Aquatic Invasive Species coordinator reported finding water lettuce and water hyacinth in the creek near Division and Old Farm roads at 11:55 a.m. Oct. 7. It was the fifth time the two invasive species were found in the creek. The coordinator stated he found a grocery bag full of the plants at a nearby bridge and believes someone is dumping them over the bridge on purpose. An extra patrol watch of the area was requested, as dumping an invasive species into Wisconsin waterways is a crime that carries a $300 fine per incident.
· A man was arrested for having five valid warrants through the West Allis Police Department after he attempted to purchase a firearm at Fleet Farm, N96 W18200 County Line Road, at 4:50 p.m. Oct. 7.
· A man was arrested for drugged driving while operating a commercial vehicle on County Line Road and Mayflower Drive at 9:10 a.m. Oct. 8.
· An employee at Waste Management, W132 N10487 Grant Drive, called police after finding an unloaded handgun, three ammunition clips and one shell in the recyclables at 12:15 a.m. Oct. 8.
· Police responding to a report of a loud argument inside a residence in the W169 N11400 block of Biscayne Drive at about 5 a.m. Oct. 10 discovered the source of the "argument" was actually the resident, who had his headphones on and was singing a profanity-laced song in the kitchen. He received a verbal warning.
· A motorist called police at 8:40 p.m. Oct. 10 after the driver of a white, 2006 GMC van tried to run his vehicle off the road and then threw a board out the window, hitting his vehicle while driving on Pilgrim and Donges Bay roads earlier in the day. The caller stated the suspect got upset after victim changed lanes, which led to the road rage incident. Police traced the license plate number and were following up with the van owner at the time of the report.
· Germantown police responded to one domestic violence call and assisted with 16 rescue calls and one fire call between Oct. 7 and Oct. 11.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Germantown Police Reports: Aug. 20, 2015
- Germantown Police Reports: Aug. 13, 2015
- Germantown police report: July 30, 2015 issue
- Germantown Police Reports: July 23, 2015
- Germantown Police Reports: July 16, 2015
- Germantown Police Reports: July 9, 2015
- Germantown Police Reports: June 25, 2015
- Germantown Police Report: June 18, 2015
- Germantown Police Report: June 11, 2015
- Germantown Police Report: June 4, 2015
- Germantown Police Report: May 28, 2015
- Germantown Police Report: May 21, 2015
- Germantown Police Report: May 14, 2015
- Germantown Police Report: May 7, 2015
- Germantown Police Report: April 30, 2015
- Germantown Police Report: April 23, 2015
- Germantown Police Report: April 16, 2015
- Germantown Police Report: April 9, 2015
- Germantown Police Report: April 2, 2015
- Germantown Police Report: March 26, 2015