Germantown students Zachary Jetzer and Khia Kurtenback have been recognized as semifinalists in the 2014 National Merit Scholarship Program.
These students have earned the distinction based on their results from the 2012 Preliminary SAT/National Merit Qualifying Test. They are among approximately 16,000 semifinalists in the 59th annual National Merit Scholarship Program. They now have the opportunity to continue in the competition for 8,000 National Merit Scholarships worth about $35 million that will be offered next spring.
To be considered for a Merit Scholarship award, semifinalists must fulfill several requirements to advance to the finalist level of the competition.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Stakeholders host public information meeting to discuss future of golf course land
- Falls police investigating armed bank robbery
- Police Report: Dec. 2
- Germantown police investigating slew of overnight vehicle break-ins
- Common Core up in the air
- News & Notes: Nov. 26
- Cameras OK'd for all grade schools
- New Pick 'n Save hiring 125 employees (1)
- Police Report: Nov. 25
- Firm hired to review water rate, seek savings