Germantown police issued warnings after neighbors refused to step out of the way of each other while walking on a sidewalk.
According to the Germantown police report:
A resident in the W158 N11100 block of Legend Avenue called police to report her neighbor verbally harassed her at 7 p.m. Sept. 22.
The caller reported that her neighbor would not move over when both of them met on the sidewalk, and that her neighbor said "Get out of the way," and called her "ugly."
An officer contacted the neighbor who stated she could not move over on the sidewalk because she was carrying three pizzas and has an injured wrist with a cast.
Both parties were warned and advised about the ongoing issues between them, which dates back to 2008.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Falls police investigating armed bank robbery
- Police Report: Dec. 2
- Germantown police investigating slew of overnight vehicle break-ins
- Common Core up in the air
- News & Notes: Nov. 26
- Cameras OK'd for all grade schools
- New Pick 'n Save hiring 125 employees (1)
- Police Report: Nov. 25
- Firm hired to review water rate, seek savings
- Germantown police pressed to process prints to catch tobacco litterbug