The Germantown School District recorded the 14th highest accountability score out of all Wisconsin public school districts in the 2012-13 school year, according to district report cards that were released on Tuesday by the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction.
Overall, the Germantown School District averaged 81.1, falling into the "exceeds expectations" category of DPI scoring. The district was 1.9 points shy from meeting the "significantly exceeds expectations" category on a scale that allocates points between 0 to 100, 100 being the highest.
For the second year, Blue Ribbon School Rockfield Elementary falls into the "significantly exceeds expectations" category. Rockfield had a score of 85.4.
All other Germantown schools "exceed expectations."
This is the second school year that the DPI has used a new rating system, which evaluates and issues report cards to Wisconsin public school districts. The scores are based on student performance on standardized tests, student growth over time on reading and math test scores, the ability of districts to close achievement gaps between lower and higher performing student groups, and student readiness for graduation and college. School and district report cards also factor in test participation rate, absenteeism and dropout rate.
"While there is always room for academic improvement and we do not intend to rest on our laurels, we are proud of our improved scores as they reflect the hard work of resilient students, parents and staff during these challenging and evolutionary times for public school districts," said Superintendent Jeff Holmes in a press release.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Community Calendar: Sept. 18, 2014 issue
- Facebook buy-sell-trade groups making difference in Falls, Germantown
- Police searching for 2 men for armed robbery at Craigslist sale
- Germantown to consider long-term plan for downtown district
- Germantown Police Report: September 11, 2014
- Germantown Plan Commission applauds design proposal
- Department of Transportation prepares for full closure of Highway 41
- Germantown school district seeks to continue improving ACT scores
- Germantown district pursues personalized learning options
- Germantown School District examines possible changes to employee handbook