The Germantown School District has to fill another administrative position after Director of Teaching and Learning Maria Kucharski resigned from her position.
The Germantown School Board on June 24 accepted the resignation of Kucharski, who will take the role of director of teaching and learning services at the Whitefish Bay School District. She is expected to start June 15.
Kucharski is replacing Laura Myrah, who is serving as the interim superintendent at Whitefish Bay for the next year. Myrah replaced Mary Gavigan. Gavigan is now serving as the executive director at the southeastern Wisconsin branch of the Cooperative Educational Service Agency.
"We are sorry to see her go," said Germantown School Board President Bob Soderberg. "But, it's like any other position, we want to get the best and brightest for that role and we will be very aggressive in the recruiting selection of that person."
Soderberg said he will meet with Assistant Superintendent Cynthia Coley and new Superintendent Jeff Holmes to discuss a hiring plan for this position. Holmes officially started with the Germantown School District July 1. He replaced Susan Borden, who left for a position with the DeForest Area School District.
Kucharski has served as the director of teaching and learning in Germantown for the 2012-13 school year. Prior to that, she served as principal of Amy Belle Elementary.
- Germantown Police Reports, July 28, 2016
- Donges Bay Road reconstruction enters final phase
- Germantown Police Reports, July 21, 2016
- Germantown, Menomonee Falls Police Chiefs react to police brutality, community support
- Germantown Police Reports, July 14, 2016
- Imagination Theatre of Germantown presents musical 'Bye Bye Birdie'
- Now intern surveys Gemantown's historic places
- Germantown Police Reports, July 7, 2016
- Germantown School Board hires Michael Nowak as new human resources director
- Germantown Police Reports: June 30, 2016