Jeff Holmes named new Germantown superintendent
Selection has been Montello School District chief for five years
Germantown — The Germantown School Board announced Monday that Jeff Holmes will become the new superintendent of the district, taking over the job of the departing Superintendent Susan Borden.
Holmes has been the superintendent of the Montello School District for five years, and, contingent on his release from his contract in Montello and a routine background check, he will start work in the Germantown district July 1.
The board unanimously approved Holmes for the job over two other finalists that were each given a day to tour the district's schools and have a final interview with the board the previous week.
"The board interviewed three candidates and were very impressed with all, but Jeff was the best long term fit for us," School Board President Bob Soderberg said in a news release distributed after the meeting.
The other finalists were Daniel Olson, who is in his eighth year as the superintendent of the Campbellsport School District, and Ron Russ, who is completing his second year as the superintendent of the Merton Community District in Hartland.
"We were blessed with three outstanding candidates who got a chance to meet our community members, got a chance to tour our facilities, and an opportunity to continue interviewing with us," board member Lester Spies said.
The search for a new superintendent began in February, when Susan Borden announced that she would be resigning from Germantown and become the superintendent of the DeForest Area School District in Madison. She has been the Germantown district's superintendent since 2010.
Her replacement, Holmes, earned his bachelor's and master's degrees from Louisiana Tech University, along with specialist degrees from Marian College and Cardinal Stritch University. He has also been a social studies teacher for 10 years in two central Wisconsin communities, as well as a principal in Homer, La., and principal in Montello and then finally superintendent of Montello for the past five years.
Soderberg said that the Montello School Board will take up Holmes' request to be released from his contract Thursday.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Faustel in Germantown welcomes John Pokrandt to controls engineering team
- Germantown Police Reports, Feb. 4, 2016 (1)
- Germantown School District reacts to scores on first, and last, Badger exam
- Germantown's Kennedy Middle School students make a difference on MLK day
- Germantown Police Reports, Jan. 28, 2016
- Firehouse Subs lends helping hand to Germantown Fire Department
- Germantown police seek shreds of evidence in cheese truck theft (3)
- Graphics Systems Corp. to move from Menomonee Falls into former Family Fun Land in Germantown
- Washington County debt reaches 25-year low
- Germantown's new business park remains unclaimed 18 months later