The Germantown School Board has selected three finalists for the superintendent position after interviewing six candidates Tuesday.
The finalists are Jeff Holmes, Daniel Olson and Ron Russ, who all work as superintendents at school districts throughout Wisconsin. The School Board will invite each candidate for a separate, full-day interview on May 13, 14 and 15. The candidates will tour the schools, meet with administrative staff and community partners, and participate in a closed session interview with the board.
The board hopes to have a new superintendent selected by May 20 at the regular School Board meeting.
Holmes is completing his fifth year as superintendent in Montello. Olson is in his eighth year as superintendent in Campbellsport. Russ is serving his second year as superintendent of the Merton School District in Hartland.
"The board was impressed with the quality of all three candidates. They each modeled the profile recently developed through survey and focus groups to inform the superintendent search," said School Board President Bob Soderberg. "The finalist process next week will determine which candidate is the best, long term fit to lead the Germantown schools."
The new superintendent will start on July 1 to replace Susan Borden, who resigned to accept a position with the DeForest Area School District.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Faustel in Germantown welcomes John Pokrandt to controls engineering team
- Germantown Police Reports, Feb. 4, 2016 (1)
- Germantown School District reacts to scores on first, and last, Badger exam
- Germantown's Kennedy Middle School students make a difference on MLK day
- Germantown Police Reports, Jan. 28, 2016
- Firehouse Subs lends helping hand to Germantown Fire Department
- Germantown police seek shreds of evidence in cheese truck theft (3)
- Graphics Systems Corp. to move from Menomonee Falls into former Family Fun Land in Germantown
- Washington County debt reaches 25-year low
- Germantown's new business park remains unclaimed 18 months later